would it be possible to have a PURE quilted maple neck? or would it look stupid?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
No one says you can't.

Check out Warmoth.com if you're serious about buying one. It'll cost you an arm and a leg, but it would look fantastic.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Quote by ShutDown785
No one says you can't.

Check out Warmoth.com if you're serious about buying one. It'll cost you an arm and a leg, but it would look fantastic.

yeh, it would cost quite a bit
Even if it was just the fretboard, it would still be sweet
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
*shrugs* shoot them an email, tell them you're looking for a quartersawn quilt maple neck. They should have them that just bolt right onto a standard strat body.

I've seen them before...sexiest guitar thing I've ever seen. Ordering one for myself sometime soonish.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
Quilted maple is only available flatsawn, quatersawn the figuring isn't visible.

I remember ever seeing a quilted maple neck, probably for stability reasons. Not to say it isn't possible.
Quote by dave293
Quilted maple is only available flatsawn, quatersawn the figuring isn't visible.

I remember ever seeing a quilted maple neck, probably for stability reasons. Not to say it isn't possible.

*smacks heaD* Ooops. *shrugs*...I've seen some pretty insane things come out of Warmoth (like my quarter-sawn Indian Rosewood neck, for example).
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
warmoth necks are clear coated after they fret the neck. that's bad. sticky frets are enemies of bends and vibratos.

musikraft has friendlier neck radiuses, coats before they fret the neck, and they do have awesome quilted maple choices. i'm looking to get a flame maple neck from them soon.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard