Page 2 of 92
children of bodom is awesome and theyre melodeath. the guitarists are killer and theyve put out some impressive riffs considering the singer plays too
Riders of the plague is a great cd...

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Am I the only person who thinks there's nothing really special about the Abscence and that they're very stale and generic?
Oh, btw COB= Melodeath (power metal w/ harsh vocals, lmao. THEY DON'T EVEN USE D-BEATS/POWER METAL BLAST BEATS! (I guess I only notice that b/c I'm a drummer?))
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
^You're crazy man, the absence is cool. To Scourge, I only heard like one or two songs form Disarmonia Mundi, but I really didn't like what I heard from them. Wintersun essential listening, and another good band that not many people listen to is Epoch of Unlight, they kick ass.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
best melodeath -
nightrage, at the gates, children of bodom, scar symmetry is a bit more death
Quote by nebraskan
Am I the only person who thinks there's nothing really special about the Abscence and that they're very stale and generic?

Yes, you are.
Quote by Bottled Ink Co.
Yes, you are.

If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Skyfire anyone? Or maybe some Norther. Also I don't think many people heard much about Satariel or SuidakrA either.
Quote by burrit0
Skyfire anyone? Or maybe some Norther. Also I don't think many people heard much about Satariel or SuidakrA either.

Aha, another person who recommends Satariel!

I forgot to mention SuidarkrA, they're good as well.
cob is not melodeath, the occasional tremolo picking doesnt make it melodeath, power metal d beat? :S... k yeah i dont know **** about power metal drumming, im talking about the goddamn riffs with a power chord then the base not played for the rest of the measure, that's power metal right there or thrash.. ;( take the poppy/upbeat guitar leads... whoops we got flower metal! they have the occasional "deathy" powerchord riff or tremolo -mostly older stuff aye?-... having guitar leads and screams doesnt make it melodeath the riffs do ;( solos end up being solos, and cant account for that much of a genre, take gay purple's smoke on the water, ****ty ass rock'n'roll style solo with a classical styled cascaded part...- that could of fit into many other bands of other genres

uh... I liked the From Your Grave by the Absence... their new album seemed to lack something and didnt entertain me that much... better than alot of others I've heard lately though pscht wintersun.... "zomg lets have weak guitar leads backed by random chords... ocassionally thrown in a real riff and/or sweeping solo..." the singing can be good though... but long tedious listening (((((((( ... beyond the dark sun and winter madness... were good though
Quote by mike130
MPE owns.

Kalmah is probably my favourite though.

Yeah, no matter what melodeath bands I get into I always fall back to Kalmah. They're one of the top.
There is no end to creation.
I haven't read the whole thread but I felt the need to say Insomnium pwn, Above The Weeping World is a masterpiece
no, children of bodom is definately not power metal but melodeath.
melodeath with SOME power metal influences, yes (keyboards and ****).
cob sounds pretty similar to in flames one way or another
Quote by The Virtuoso
I only heard like one or two songs form Disarmonia Mundi, but I really didn't like what I heard from them.

If the songs you heard weren't Resurrection Code, Nihilistic Overdrive, Venom Leach and the Hands of Rain, Process of Annihilation, or A Taste of Collapse (basically, half of MindTricks), then you have some more listening to do.

Yeah, no matter what melodeath bands I get into I always fall back to Kalmah. They're one of the top.

That's how I am with Dark Tranquillity.

Quote by recklessnick
no, children of bodom is definately not power metal but melodeath.
melodeath with SOME power metal influences, yes (keyboards and ****).
cob sounds pretty similar to in flames one way or another

I agree that CoB are melodeath, but they don't sound anything like In Flames.
^ Disarmonia Mundi are pretty sweet. DT ****in' slay n00bs. I agree that CoB don't sound like IF but i think they're not really melodeath.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by Guitarmike123
Old Arch Enemy anyone? (Johan Liiva era that is).
And Kalmah is supreme greatness.

Not of fan of Johan, he was pretty balls. Bridge of Destiny still pwns, but because of the ****in' sweet lead at the end.

Kalmah are ****in' good.
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
UG Gain Whore
^Each to his own I guess, although I find Johans vocals to fit the music much better than Angelas.
I Love In Flames. VERY VERY Much.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
^ their new song isn't good
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by nebraskan
Oh, btw COB= Melodeath (power metal w/ harsh vocals, lmao. THEY DON'T EVEN USE D-BEATS/POWER METAL BLAST BEATS! (I guess I only notice that b/c I'm a drummer?))

I haven't really gotten into The Abscence. I just don't like thrashy riffs that much.

On that note, any bands similar to Kalmah or COB (without the previous' suckiness and cheesiness), you know, neo-classical riffs and such (no idea on how to describe the riffs properly).

CoB are definitely melodeath. Just because Alex Laiho looks like Avril Lavigne doesn't mean they're not melodeath.

Yes, I don't like CoB
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Melo-death is my favorite of all the death metal subgenres. Nearly half my itunes library is filled with melo-death like Insomnium, Scar Symmetry, Mors Principium Est, Dark Tranquillity, Imperanon, Kalmah, Quo Vadis, Soilwork, Disarmonia Mundi, Amon Amarth, Wintersun, Arch Enemy, Arsis, Carcass, Children of Bodom, Dark Lunacy, Dispatched, ETOS, Norther, Noumena, and Hypocrisy etc. lol. I just love the epicness of most of the bands sounds. It's really great to listen to.
crit my drawings with comments in profile! thanks
(just go to the pictures section)

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I agree with him

Also, wtf's a buttplug? If its something u put in her ass, then what the f*ck's ur penis for? Enlighten me pit monkehs (Y)
^ i agree with you man i like all those bands minus CoB and Soilwork.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
soilwork are good but they are more thrashy kind a band.
tombst0ne designs
Digital art ,CD covers,posters,anything let me now
my gallery
^true, but I definitley like Bjorn in Disarmonia Mundi better too. Soilwork I'm not into much either, but they got some catchy, melodic stuff as well.
crit my drawings with comments in profile! thanks
(just go to the pictures section)

Quote by Lostprophets$$$
I agree with him

Also, wtf's a buttplug? If its something u put in her ass, then what the f*ck's ur penis for? Enlighten me pit monkehs (Y)
Quote by burrit0

I love Norther, quality. Can't believe only one person has mentioned them so far.
RULE BRITANNIA
^^i don't really like UB, they're kind of dull.

Norther are pretty good. I love Omen, Nothing, Death Unlimited.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Norther is decent. Nothing really special to write home about and it gets kinda boring after a while.
I'd have to say Melodic Death Metal is my favorite subgenre of metal. I think I like almost every melodic death metal band I've had the pleasure of listening to. However, Soilwork and the Absence, I like not.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
yea Soil Work are great

any 1 like Eternal Tears Of Sorrow
or Disarmonia Mundi << they kinda sound like Soil Work
EToS, kick ass, Angelheart Ravenheart is so Epic haha.
-Peavey 6505+
UG Gain Whore
Quote by jerm__
^^i don't really like UB, they're kind of dull.

Norther are pretty good. I love Omen, Nothing, Death Unlimited.

Finding it quite hard to get hold of Norther cds, have to get most of them imported.
RULE BRITANNIA
The only melodeath I need is Arsis, The Black Dahlia Murder, Becoming The Archetype, and Dark Tranquility.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs