Page 5 of 92
i heart melodeath. i guess this is the right place to put this. whats a good song to learn from the melodeath genre? i learned cathode ray sunshine by dt but it was kinda easy. any hard songs to learn? (nightrage, kalmah, dt, amon armath, hsb rock my jocks)
Quote by devilscruffs14
once i banged a 5 year old chick, i love banging older women.

HAHA
Quote by dinosaurbrocore
Autumn Leaves is great, awesome combo of melody and brutality

Vehemence do it much better.
Quote by Mongochromat
Yeah I know that, but we still don't know exactly what he wrote or not.

Well, you can pick out the parts that sound like Jesper because they've been evident from the Ceremonial Oath days till Come Clarity, Glenn wrote December Flower, for instance. It's quite different from standard In Flames, wouldn't you think?
i wanna find heavy melodic death metal like The Black Dahlia Murder, Amon Amarth, Paths of Possesion, etc.

Ya know like **** with growling and blast beats yet melodic
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
I haven't listened to much Black Dahlia Murder...They must be doing something right because a lot of people really like them.
Quote by TubzyX
i heart melodeath. i guess this is the right place to put this. whats a good song to learn from the melodeath genre? i learned cathode ray sunshine by dt but it was kinda easy. any hard songs to learn? (nightrage, kalmah, dt, amon armath, hsb rock my jocks)

Hard.. mhm, try Swamphell by Kalmah or Towards Dead End by Children Of Bodom
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Vittu0666
I haven't listened to much Black Dahlia Murder...They must be doing something right because a lot of people really like them.

The newest album (Nocturnal) is the way to go, its like their other ones plus steriods!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by chrismetal86
i wanna find heavy melodic death metal like The Black Dahlia Murder, Amon Amarth, Paths of Possesion, etc.

Try Quo Vadis maybe?? Dethklok?? Diablo?? At The Gates??
Note: Sorry if my grammar and/or vocabulary isn't very good, English is my 2nd language!

Quote by Resiliance
you show me yours and I'll show you mine!

If you're wondering where I've been gone, click here!
Quote by chrismetal86

Check out The Damascus Intervention, Thy Art Is Murder, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, The Absence, Burning The Masses, and Light This City, they're all pretty similar to The Black Dahlia Murder.

Also, you might like Prayer For Cleansing, Undying, Bridge To Solace, Rifles At Recess, and Dead To Fall... metalcore bands with similar riffing styles to TBDM.
Last edited by dinosaurbrocore at Dec 16, 2007,
Hatesphere.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by dinosaurbrocore
Check out The Damascus Intervention, Thy Art Is Murder, Through The Eyes Of The Dead, The Absence, Burning The Masses, and Light This City, they're all pretty similar to The Black Dahlia Murder.

Also, you might like Prayer For Cleansing, Undying, Bridge To Solace, Rifles At Recess, and Dead To Fall... metalcore bands with similar riffing styles to TBDM.

Actually he should avoid every single one of those band at all costs. Weak ass core bands.

chrismetal86, check out Vornagar.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

They're still similar to the Black Dahlia Murder, which is what he was asking for. He wasn't asking whether or not you mistook breakdowns for hardcore and were a closed minded idiot.

I'll agree on Vornager, and he should also check out With Faith Or Flames.
Quote by dinosaurbrocore

I thank you for your help, but i don't want any metalcore, I don't consider The Black Dahlia Murder metalcore, but lets not argue about that. although you did mention The Absence who IMO are sweet, so +1 on that one
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
You should still check out those metalcore bands because they're extremely similar to TBDM, I guarentee that if you like them, you'll probably like those bands.

And yeah, I know TBDM isn't metalcore, I'm not one of those idiots who think that style of riffing comes from hardcore, don't worry.
Dark Lunacy are fuckin' great, they deserve more recognition
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Terror Kovenant
Actually he should avoid every single one of those band at all costs. Weak ass core bands.

chrismetal86, check out Vornagar.

well it wasn't looking good from the begining having a username with core on it
Wintersun, Kalmah, Amon Amarth my fave melodeth. Wintersun has plenty of Blasts not too much growling though, more screams..
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Why arean't I able to find Vornager anywhere on the net?
Ironically, my name references a joke hardcore recording project, BY THE GUY WHO RECORDED VORNAGAR.

http://purevolume.com/sharkpunch

Also, stop acting as though hardcore is a bad thing kiddies, without it, you wouldn't have any death metal, grind, black metal, or thrash.

Quote by chrismetal86
Why arean't I able to find Vornager anywhere on the net?

http://blogsearch.google.com
Last edited by dinosaurbrocore at Dec 21, 2007,
^^Still nothing on Vornager
Quote by dinosaurbrocore
You try soulseek at all? They are quite good and worth checking out.

http://www.myspace.com/vornagar

ah, no wonder, i was spelling it "Vornager" not "Vornager". ill check out some soulseek while im at it
Quote by Scourge441
You spelled it the same both times.

lol, i did, what i meant was "vornagar" and "vornager"
Quote by dinosaurbrocore

Also, stop acting as though hardcore is a bad thing kiddies, without it, you wouldn't have any death metal, grind, black metal, or thrash.

lol you are so very wrong

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

No he isn't. Punk and hardcore were major influences on thrash metal, which we got death metal and black metal from.
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
It has some influence, but not nearly enough to say that without hardcore we wouldnt have those various sub genres.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)

^ No, you're wrong, Siege + Death = Nihilist (early Entombed)

Carcass, Morbid Angel, Deicide, all these bands were spinning as much Discharge as they were Necrovore, Slayer and Mantas.
Last edited by mortiis999 at Dec 23, 2007,
Were all heavily thrash influenced, and as stated before thrash was heavily influenced by hardcore! And for the record, early Entombed has a lot of hardcore influence.

Quote by Terror Kovenant
It has some influence, but not nearly enough to say that without hardcore we wouldnt have those various sub genres.

This isn't something theoretical, this is a historical progression of musical evolution. Stop telling people they're wrong until you're right about something.

Anyhow, to get back on topic, does anybody know exactly what happened to the chick from Garden Of Shadows? I heard they had to stop because she's paralyzed from the neck down and [obviously] can't play guitar anymore.
Last edited by dinosaurbrocore at Dec 22, 2007,
Quote by dinosaurbrocore
Anyhow, to get back on topic, does anybody know exactly what happened to the chick from Garden Of Shadows? I heard they had to stop because she's paralyzed from the neck down and [obviously] can't play guitar anymore.

I don't know about that, I feel sorry for her if that's the case, but Oracle Moon is damn great album
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Terror Kovenant

Whatever floats your boat.