It looks like a decent guitar, but as you said, the pickups aren't going to be anything special. And if you look on ebay and craigslist, you can probably find quite a few RG3EX1s for sale still. (Depending where you look on craigslist that is)
I would be careful. Its made in Indonesia. My RG5EX1 was made rather poorly (the wood under the trem post blew out after a month!) and had lack luster hardware. That said, this doesn't have a trem, so you may be alright. Build quality and hardware quality isn't too great. I would look at an Epiphone SG instead, or maybe a used Schecter or Jackson Pro Series (Stay away from the X series and JS series). But if you buy it, at least get a protection
Quote by CJRocker
I would be careful. Its made in Indonesia. My RG5EX1 was made rather poorly (the wood under the trem post blew out after a month!) and had lack luster hardware. That said, this doesn't have a trem, so you may be alright. Build quality and hardware quality isn't too great. I would look at an Epiphone SG instead, or maybe a used Schecter or Jackson Pro Series (Stay away from the X series and JS series). But if you buy it, at least get a protection

I've dropped my RG2 many times on hard stuff (in a soft case. One of those crappy ones.). Not even a dent. It's a good guitar. Frets are a little meh, but overall, it's great.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate