ok i just got back from the ****tiest goddamn guitar shop in my town!!!they were just going to do a adjustment on the neck to stop the fifteenth fret from muting when i bent the strings and it took a week!!! no ****in way im going to wait so i just picked it up.... please help me what do i need to do to make the string ring through when i bend it at the fifteenth fret... oh ya its the high e....
Gear: Fender standard 60th anneversary strat
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
This morning I found a tick on my nutsack. Not the weirdest but the only thing I can think of right now...
umm
take it back
wait a week
stop listening to dimebag

and you should be just fine

edit:
by yourself though just turn the truss rod
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
hey listen here little cocksucker, watch what you write.
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
This morning I found a tick on my nutsack. Not the weirdest but the only thing I can think of right now...
envoykrawkwar7: Bob bamnit, you should be drawn (badly, in MSPaint) and quartered for such a diarrhea-storm of a comment.

And by the way- it doesn't sound like a truss rod problem. If that was the case it'd deaden the string no matter if he bends it or not. Sure, a truss rod adjustment may get rid of the symptom, but not the cause, which I personally think is a fret levelling issue.
Last edited by Pikka Bird at Sep 12, 2007,
thanks (up above)
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
Last edited by guitargod_dime at Sep 12, 2007,
ndfhg
Fender Fm 412r
epiphone jumbo acoustic

Quote by deaththrashcore
Quote by Pikka Bird
envoykrawkwar7: Bob bamnit, you should be drawn (badly, in MSPaint) and quartered for such a diarrhea-storm of a comment.

And by the way- it doesn't sound like a truss rod problem. If that was the case it'd deaden the string no matter if he bends it or not. Sure, a truss rod adjustment may get rid of the symptom, but not the cause, which I personally think is a fret levelling issue.

I would try adjusting the action first, then the truss rod. If that doesn't work, I would see about having the fret leveled as well.
hey listen here little cocksucker, watch what you write.

*laughs* you cant act tough over the internet
its a proven fact
now lighten up it was just a joke

huh?

and yeah your right
but still i have had the same thing happen and all it was was the truss rod
then again les paul special 2 so ....
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
If the saddle is set to low then yea they will cut out when you bend there. Not all guys that work at guitar stores know how to set things properly. I know the guys that work at the one near me dont even have the allen wrench to adjust the saddles on a strat.