do you ever think your doing pretty good, you can nail some crazy solo's and are playing in a band that you think is pretty good. But then you find a new guitarist/band to listen to, you think, yeh, i want to play that, how hard can it be? then you find the tab and can get nowhere near even trying to replicate it, let alone ever be able to wright like it. kind of makes you realise some people are just miles away from any of us, no matter how good you think you are. and it sucks
the pic theif strikes again

Member #1 of im not a member of anything, and i dont wanna be. PM me to join
Just makes me appreciate their talent and makes me try harder. From years of experience I know there are tremendous talents out there, but they sound like them and I sound like me. I am pretty sure they would have as much trouble duplicating my original solos as I do trying to reproduce theirs. Also beware of tabs as you can't be sure they are accurate (especially leads.)
Quote by mozzay
do you ever think your doing pretty good, you can nail some crazy solo's and are playing in a band that you think is pretty good. But then you find a new guitarist/band to listen to, you think, yeh, i want to play that, how hard can it be? then you find the tab and can get nowhere near even trying to replicate it, let alone ever be able to wright like it. kind of makes you realise some people are just miles away from any of us, no matter how good you think you are. and it sucks

thats teh way i feel about trying to learn eruption.....lol except i'm not in a band or anything
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by uldhppi
Also beware of tabs as you can't be sure they are accurate (especially leads.)

Thats pretty much always true, some of the fingerings on them are laughable and make no sense.

I never get discouraged if I hear someone whose a better player then me, it just makes me want to better myself and expand my abilities.
every band makes me feel bad cause i cant write for ****, i would love to be able to write and solo but it hasnt cliked yet
Yah for example the For the Love of God solo (really the entire song is a solo but the fast part) I couldn't touch for awhile. What I did was just take parts of that solo and just toy around with it and memorize that... after about a month of just pulling pieces and getting the timing down I finally got the whole thing down and on time. Took awhile, but it was done!

You can't just look at a tab and say, "**** this." You gotta push yourself.
Not the same thing, but last time I went into my local shop, I was going to try out an epiphone G-400. But before I could ask, some guy belted out an insane solo...I couldn't bring myself to even play anything within earshot of anyone in the store after that... I still need to go try that guitar lol.
when i didnt play guitar and when i just started playing guitar, i thought every lil thing was complicated. but as i got better, i relised some of the coolest songs and coolest licks were really easy, just need to practice. im just now gettin where i can improvise solos, before i thought i could never do that. just need to practice. and also, there r some days u just cant play as good, but then the next day comes and your back to normal.

Just go buy the accurate tablature of what u want to play, and split it up into parts, then learn each lil part, then after u have leaned it all, put it together. thats what i do when i want to learn a really long song or solo.
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O