Hey ive been playing the beginning of master of puppets (until the interlude thing)and i have no idea how to downpick so fast ive been trying to play it since spring and i still cant get it up to speed. So are there any tips or exercises to get my downpicking faster? thanks

btw ive been playing for a year and im into metal/rock/blues
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
get a metronome and just practice open strings. start at like 80-100bpm's. in no time you'll be up to speed.
Gear
ESP Vintage Plus
LTD M-II
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Line 6 Flextone IIIXL
Yeah, metronome's the way to go.

Try learning some punk songs too, they're mostly all downstroke powerchords.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.
Its a matter of repetition. Break the lick down into smaller sections. Grab a metronome and start practicing a section at a tempo where you can play cleanly and in time. Once you can play the section 10 times perfectly slightly move up the beats per mintue. Over time you'll get quicker. Try recording your metronome settings in a journal to gauge your progress.

You might also want to experiment with pick sizes and grips for faster picking you want to only hit the string with the very tip of the pick. For metal I prefer a heavier smaller pick.
Metronome is all I can suggest. Or get Guitar Pro and use the Speed trainer thing to gradually increase the tempo with each repitition of the lick. USeful for slowly building speed.
All you need to do is build up the muscle, so it WILL take a long time and quite a lot of practise to get there
k thanks guys
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks