Page 1 of 3
I'm in junior year, high school. Everything was fine the first two years, but the administrators became rule-*****s this year. Now, this is only the first 4 weeks or so of the year, so there is sure to be more dumbassery to come. Here's what's gone down so far:

Our own personal HS security force (about 15 people--with guns, tasers)

Must have ID present at all times and are subject to random checks

Any tears in clothing is a violation of dress code (this isn't enforced tho)

Hall patrol (not just your typical senior-suck ups, an actual rent-a-cop or two)

The dress code keeps getting worse and worse. I found out today that we are no longer allowed to wear Puma brand clothing, as the puma is member of the cat species, which could be taken as a suggestive reference to the female genitalia. Study hall teacher's own words. Now that's just ridiculous.

Just for reference, we used to be a pretty relaxed suburban, middle-income, high-standard High School in central Indiana. Nothing else had changed as far as I know, then I come back to school to this. And I'm sure there's more to come.

Any similar experiences at your schools?
OMG what school do you go to? our rules are exactly the same. and just like you, first 2 years were great!

Junior year FTW!

Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by mental_zer0
The dress code keeps getting worse and worse. I found out today that we are no longer allowed to wear Puma brand clothing, as the puma is member of the cat species, which could be taken as a suggestive reference to the female genitalia. Study hall teacher's own words. Now that's just ridiculous.

hahahaha.

That is all.
nah

we had a security guard who was out on smoke breaks half the time
he'd occasionally check the classrooms in the breaks and tell people not to sit on tables

edit: see if you can get them to ban adidas with the all day i dream about sex thing
I thought my school was getting bad.. thats insane... but the puma thing is just funny
If you live in the U.S. I belive you can use the 4th amendment if they randomly search you without a reasoble cause. However I don't know if that applys to schools.
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
Quote by human-blasphamy
If you live in the U.S. I belive you can use the 4th amendment if they randomly search you without a reasoble cause. However I don't know if that applys to schools.

that does not apply to schools

their school, they can do anything "to protect the children", i.e. they can more or less pwn you
You better believe that if i were you, id go in all puma gear(even though i dont have any) and i would **** with all the rent-a-cops
your school sounds like a microcosm of a police state

awesome!

(this reminds me of half-life for some reason)
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...

awesome!

do you have headcrabs?
Quote by mental_zer0
I found out today that we are no longer allowed to wear Puma brand clothing, as the puma is member of the cat species, which could be taken as a suggestive reference to the female genitalia.

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????

that is the biggest piece of Bullsh!t i have EVER heard......

EVERYONE in your school should wear nothing but Puma as a protest about how stupid that is.

our school's soccer uniforms are Puma....the girls soccer uniforms at that.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Go to school in a banana suit.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
I could swear puma means a seductive woman of about 30 up?

Anyway I had to wear a BRIGHT GREEN BLAZER, with pink badge, to school every day. Cheer up, it could be worse.
@ the 4th amendment thing (and for any other rights you may think you are used to), they are suspended at school because of something that your parents sign about "en parentum"

and what school do you go to TS? i went to school in indiana (west vigo HS) and thus i know a few schools over your way, like chatard or beech grove, etc.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Wow my school has the exact same rules except we have a 65 year old ex olympic runner lady that chases us down.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Quote by seljer
do you have headcrabs?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Are you saying that your school admins have been killing off jews?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
if you live in the US, perhaps its just hightened paranoia and preventions to keep another virginia tech or columbine from happening, but still the puma thing is just stupid
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Same with me cept we still get to wear what we want. I hate having my IDs all the time, sux and the first 2 years at my school were fine too, wtf...
Quote by jonathan92
schecter damien 7 is one monster of a guitar.

[Proud owner of a Schecter Damien 7]
Same, except the security at my school doesn't carry weapons or tazers.
Last edited by Sammoth at Sep 12, 2007,
dude, where do you go to school, columbine? that's ridiculous!! has there been a bunch of bomb threats or something?

i don't mean to offend anyone about the columbine thing, because it's not funny at all, so don't take it like i'm poking fun about that..
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
[quote="Mr_BTP]@ the 4th amendment thing (and for any other rights you may think you are used to), they are suspended at school because of something that your parents sign about "en parentum"
and what school do you go to TS? i went to school in indiana (west vigo HS) and thus i know a few schools over your way, like chatard or beech grove, etc.
I don't think my parents signed that because I lost all the papers they should have signed and the ones that they did get my dad made me read... Can they still search me?
C2B3
Colnel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Quote by larry jones
I don't put people's quotes in my sig, but this would go there if I did.
my schools admin. hasn't so much become nazis as communists.
there are 33 parking spots at our school for over 300 kids that can drive. and the vice principal has been revoking parking passes from some kids.
if you're late at all, once, you get a 20 minute detention, no warnings, no exceptions.
the school announcements over the intercom have been eliminated, so the kids are pretty much in the dark as to whats going on around the school.
Quote by mental_zer0

The dress code keeps getting worse and worse. I found out today that we are no longer allowed to wear Puma brand clothing, as the puma is member of the cat species, which could be taken as a suggestive reference to the female genitalia.

Hahahahahaha
England is mine and it owes me a living
Quote by human-blasphamy

I don't think my parents signed that because I lost all the papers they should have signed and the ones that they did get my dad made me read... Can they still search me?

I'm pretty sure they can. Its like airport security
speaking of high school my school started this new thing where they can take any and all electronic devices if they see them (even in your backpack). first time they take it for 30days. 2nd 60days 3rd time is the remainder of school...................oh and you have to pay $15 to get it back each time. i don't think they can legally make you pay to get it back though
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by DanRev
I could swear puma means a seductive woman of about 30 up?

Anyway I had to wear a BRIGHT GREEN BLAZER, with pink badge, to school every day. Cheer up, it could be worse.

isn't that a cougar?
Yeah, i feel ya. My School has gotten more strict and i think more stupid the more strict they've become.

- You have to have an ID when you walk in and if you don't you have to pay 1 dollar to get in. I haven't heard for sure if that's right but i've heard that from people.

- If your caught outside class without a pass after like the next 25 seconds after the final bell rings, you get taken to the "star room"(whatever that means), which is stupid because if you were only 1 minute or so late to class and were going to class, why not let them get to class so they can learn instead of taking them away from class, so they can't learn and get stuck in there for who knows for how long.

- You used to be able to buy some stuff in lunch with cash, but not anymore and you have to use a stupid new PIN number instead of your ID card number

I'm probly forgetting a couple things but oh well.
Quote by Mr_BTP
@ the 4th amendment thing (and for any other rights you may think you are used to), they are suspended at school because of something that your parents sign about "en parentum"

Center Grove.

Oh and I first heard about the puma thing cause I have a friend who had to wear a school-owned shirt and change into sandals because he was wearing, obviously, puma shoes and a shirt. I was dubious at first as he's the type who would write some dirty thing on his shirt (he didn't) so I asked around (including my SH teacher). Out of the 15 or so people I asked 12 knew about it and 3 didn't.

EDIT: oh yeah, this isn't really related to the "strict school" thing, but my school got in trouble with some parents last year because they said they would play that goddamned Crazy Frog song obscenely loud during all lunches unless we donated money to Riley Children's hospital. It was classified as extortion and some teachers complained, so they put a quick end to that.

We would have donated anyway, we didn't need that ****.
Last edited by mental_zer0 at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by ultimatum5
isn't that a cougar?

I thought cougar was 40-50.

Hm. I'm not sure.
Dude, if it makes you feel any better, I'll think about you tomorrow when I go to class in torn jeans without being searched, skip class with almost no punishment to wander the halls unhindered by rent-a-cops or hall monitors, enjoy my open campus by walking off school grounds as I please in my Puma brand shoes, and receive an education unharmed by budget cuts meant to channel money into the paranoid delusions of PTA members.
Quote by RageAgainst...

awesome!

when he was talking about the hall guards and rent-a-cops, that's what went thru my head too

LOOK FOR BLUE-SUITED MEN WITH BRIEFCASES!!!

if you have the geek-glasses and beard going on, chances are you'll end up weilding a crowbar and wearing a hazmat suit with a Lamda on the breastplate.

Oh, and watch out for the head-hoppers!
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Quote by Kid Fisto
when he was talking about the hall guards and rent-a-cops, that's what went thru my head too

LOOK FOR BLUE-SUITED MEN WITH BRIEFCASES!!!

if you have the geek-glasses and beard going on, chances are you'll end up weilding a crowbar and wearing a hazmat suit with a Lamda on the breastplate.

Oh, and watch out for the head-hoppers!

don't forget the gravity gun
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Page 1 of 3