Well I'm pretty much set on buying an Epiphone Valve Jr. Half Stack, but I'd like all your opinions on it. Its in my price range, and sounded great at my friends house. Also, what do you all think about the Epi G-400 SG?
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
What cab are you getting, the matching one?

and what styles of music do you play? budget?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
The matching one. I play Classic Rock for the most part. And I don't want anything over 250$.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Good guitar, but try several and pick the best one. Quality control is spotty. The Epi has many fans and I like it. Try it and make sure you are alright with a very basic layout. You will need some pedals, in particular distortion and maybe a Holy Grail (at least that's what I would want with it.)
I tried many guitars, I'm quite happy with the choice. I've tried it and its great for me. I was looking into the Ibanez TS7 Tubescreamer, I heard it was great for Classic Rock.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
i think im gonna end up getting that as well. Most ppl like the G-400, but u may need a pickup change. My advice about the amp is to get an EQ pedal, bcuz the Valve Jr. only has a volume knob. i still need to try that amp out. I tried a Crate V8, which is a 5w tube, and that seems like a good amp as well.
For what you want to play, the VJ should be great, it will get classic rock tones easily by itself, but you'll need to turn it up a bit.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Well nice to see people like my choice. My only issue is that I'm worried about the width of the neck. Is it really wide? Or is it just normal?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
The neck isn't wide imo. Its really comfy and i like it better than those really thin shredder necks. But you try to make sure you can see/play the guitar in person to see if it matches you and its a good quality/sounding one.
I did try one, the guy just replaced the neck because the original broke. One last question, whats the best SG? The G-400 SG, G-400, or Vintage G-400? I would say the G-400, but thats only my guess.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
g400 SG? Its just g400, and I there's higher models if you want to spend more money like the Iommi g400. I got the vintage one cause it cost less and it sounded great in the store and i like the satin finish since the neck is really smooth. Right now the newer g400's are all really the same unless you get lucky and get an older vintage g400 which had gibson pickups.
Well I might just pick up a vintage in Satin Cherry. It doesn't seem like people have complained much about them. Thanks for the help.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.