Ok, so I feel really stupid. I went to artist in iTunes, and clicked on JK Rowling, pressed apple + A and selected all the JK Rowling tracks. I right clicked, and it pressed delete. It asked me to move them to the trash, I clicked yes, and then emptied my trash folder.

Turns out, it selected EVERY track in my library minus podcasts. I have the music synched with my iPod, so I still have that. Is there anyway to synch my iTunes with my iPod, like reverse? I know, as soon as I plug in my iPod, iTunes will open and synch it with an empty library, thus deleting all of my music forver.

Help?
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
oh ****!!!
Quote by Shattuck
I need some music that makes you envision a dark room illuminated by only candles and perhaps a creepy middle aged man in a bathrobe.

Quote by Skullbolt
Rape: Is it in you?
well if its not on cd

go to check for purchases in the upper menu

i think

then burn it all to cd
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
Thats what happens when you use iPods and iTunes...xD
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Ok, so how do I turn off the auto update? It only shows me that once my iPod is plugged in. I found another program that will copy the music on my iPod onto iTunes BUT i'm afraid it will auto delete all my songs.
i know how to do in on pc not mac tho
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
theres an option to manually move the songs from itunes to your ipod... if you use it the ipod wont synch automaticlly....

thats all i can do to help
did it send your music to the recycle bin or did it actually delete it, 'cuz if it actually deleted...you are teh screwedz0rs!!!one one one!!!
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
You can do a system recovery or something like that from yesterday or something, and it'll restore your computer to the way it was yesterday, or whenever you choose
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
on a pc, make sure u can see all hidden files, then click like music or something, then just drag and drop, the file names will be like 4 letters but when u drag em to itunes it will all be in order
Hmm. Uninstall iTunes. Download musicmatch jukebox, or maybe not. Plug iPod in, take music off. lol
That's what I'd do.
But I don't have an iPod.
You can turn off the feature where it automatically updates your ipod from your library. It's really simple to do but I'm not on a computer with Itunes on so I can't tell you. But its under controls or preferences of something.

Just be careful. Look it up on google or something.

@ Edwardthegreat: System recovery doesn't recover files as far as I'm aware. Have you tried going to the recycle bin and just restoring the files?
disreguard my last post do this:

1. Plug in your iPod.
2. From the Desktop, go to My Computer and find the iPod (usually designated by a drive letter. i e. E: or F
3. Open the damn thing.
4. Go to Tools > Folder Options > View (the tab) > scroll to Show Hidden Files and Folders and click it.
5. Click OK
6. Go back to your iPod folder/drive, there you will find a new folder called iPod_Control
7. Open it.
8. The Music folder in it will have a bunch of folders named F00, F01 and so on. THEY HAVE YOUR MP3s. Look through the folders to find your stuff.
www.veckd.com // Web and graphic design site
Need graphics? pm me
thats harsh man, but there is a program on apple.com for download i belive that can help you out. good luck.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Quote by Ehh
Ok, so I feel really stupid. I went to artist in iTunes, and clicked on JK Rowling, pressed apple + A and selected all the JK Rowling tracks. I right clicked, and it pressed delete. It asked me to move them to the trash, I clicked yes, and then emptied my trash folder.

Turns out, it selected EVERY track in my library minus podcasts. I have the music synched with my iPod, so I still have that. Is there anyway to synch my iTunes with my iPod, like reverse? I know, as soon as I plug in my iPod, iTunes will open and synch it with an empty library, thus deleting all of my music forver.

Help?

i believe itunes keeps log of what songs you buy

you should be fine.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
Ugh, I'm curious as to how many people actually read that I use a Mac. Anyway, thanks to a very kind persons looking. I followed their link. I reset the iPod and put it in disk drive mode. I pressed option + apple on the keyboard till my iPod mounted. Started that program, and I'm able to import each song one by one into my iTunes. It's working perfectly, but it's so time consuming with this many songs. I'm looking for a serial key as we speak.

Thanks
Quote by veckd
disreguard my last post do this:

1. Plug in your iPod.
2. From the Desktop, go to My Computer and find the iPod (usually designated by a drive letter. i e. E: or F
3. Open the damn thing.
4. Go to Tools > Folder Options > View (the tab) > scroll to Show Hidden Files and Folders and click it.
5. Click OK
6. Go back to your iPod folder/drive, there you will find a new folder called iPod_Control
7. Open it.
8. The Music folder in it will have a bunch of folders named F00, F01 and so on. THEY HAVE YOUR MP3s. Look through the folders to find your stuff.

DO NOT DO THIS. IT WILL WIPE YOUR IPOD.

By the sounds of it, he has autosync on, as soon as he plugs it in his Ipod will mirror his Itunes Library. I.e. all of his music on his ipod will erase itself.

Edit: DAMN! I was about to tell you about the Apple and Option trick to prevent it mounting.

I think it would also work if you plugged it into another computer and when asked it it wanted to sync press 'no.' Then you coulpd copy your music onto that computer and restart everything.
Quote by blackflag49
You have JK Rowling tracks on your iPod?

None of my music came from the Apple store. I HAD them on my computer. It was a downloaded audiobook that was annoying as piss when you wanted to listen to music and it was on shuffle. Man, Harry Potter blows.
Quote by Love_Buzz
May I know how please?

all programs-accesories-system tools-system restore
restore it to a day before u lost all ur songs
thats what i did and it worked
Did i eat too many?
did I jump in too fast?
how long's this shit last?
Everyone take off ya mask, I lost my grasp

Like weeds?
Dude i know how you feel, my bro deleted all my songs, like 1000, i dono exactly but I've been just dling a bunch of albums, and over time i had almost every album i wanted, so whenever i wanted to listen to something, it's in my library. I had discographies, tons of songs, and now they're all gone. and the worst part is, i dled them all from torrents, so like when i tell my parent's it won't matter, cuz it's not like they payed for it, they're not losing anything. And i got so pissed at him for keep bothering me and i wanted to show that i'm not a wimp so i took the keyboard, riped it off the computer, and just threw it on the ground and everything smashed everywhre, and my parents all of a sudden got so pissed at me and everything. lol, but look on the bright side, you have more space on your computer
Everything's fine. Their was an Apple program I found that uploaded all of my songs on my iPod to my iTunes, found my duplicate files, and ended up saving me space for more albums anyway. It also saved my played times, ratings, and all of that too.

You say iTunes bites because someone else accidently deleted their entire library? It was my fault for forgetting to check the trash before I emptied it.
Quote by Ehh
Ok, so how do I turn off the auto update? It only shows me that once my iPod is plugged in. I found another program that will copy the music on my iPod onto iTunes BUT i'm afraid it will auto delete all my songs.

While its synching, hit the X on the "now playing screen" when it says "syncing ipod"
Quote by MastaBassist10
While its synching, hit the X on the "now playing screen" when it says "syncing ipod"

Without trying to sound rude or anything, but have you read the thread at all?

Problem has been fixed, so thanks. Turns out apple key + option key stops the synch before it even tries to start.