I bought a 100 gb external hard drive a while ago so I could store all my music on it for iTunes. Well, I've used up all the space, so I went and bought a 500 gb external gard drive. Here's my problem:

i want to transfer all the songs from my 100 to my 500 so they play from my 500 when the 100 isn't connected. I've already copied the songs from the 100 to the 500.

I went into iTunes and told it to read from the correct drive, the new one, but it still is trying to read it from the 100. I know there is a way to get this done, cause I've had that little box come up and ask me if I want to sync the new drive with the iTunes library or something like that, but I can't figure out how to get that to promt me.

Please someone both know what I'm talking about and how to fix it. I search for about 20 minutes on the forums and all I could find was re-import all the songs and that would take forver ...
LISTEN:
A Myspace introduction to:

LEARN:
It's not always rainbows and butterflies,
It's compromise that moves us along. -- Maroon 5
you could use a different program than itunes, then i could help you. in winamp, for example, you would just add the files from your new HD and then tell it to remove all old/dead files from the library.
Quote by Dimebag22
This might just be the smartest guy in The Pit. I didn't believe Ethan when he told me there were smart people in The Pit But I was wrong.

yeah, thats me

member 42 of the Iron Maiden are gods club. PM revelations to join
Quote by Mr_BTP
you could use a different program than itunes, then i could help you. in winamp, for example, you would just add the files from your new HD and then tell it to remove all old/dead files from the library.

yeah, I know you can do that in iTunes also, but I wanted to preserve the play counts I already have. I was hoping someone had a quick answer. Like I said, I know it can be done, I just can't get it to promt me when I actually need it to. Typical Apple.
LISTEN:

LEARN:
Quote by Mr_BTP
... in winamp, for example ...

wait, people still use winamp? That just made my day.
LISTEN:

LEARN:
it's pretty easy.. if you have loaded up the hard drive in windows all you have to do is highlight all your songs from your itunes libary and just drag them onto you new hard drive and wait
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by cyclobs
it's pretty easy.. if you have loaded up the hard drive in windows all you have to do is highlight all your songs from your itunes libary and just drag them onto you new hard drive and wait

I did that, but it's still referencing the old hard drive, and if I disconect it, then I have to manually go in and redirect it to the new drive. I know you can get it so it just changes all of them, but I can't figure out how to get it to prompt me.
LISTEN:

LEARN: