Howdy, i just started the whole guitar thing *Rubs Raw fingers* so far i like it.

its really fun, even though i suck. i was just messing around with tabs the frist day (which was 2 days ago) i started at 1pm, looked at the clock BAM WHAT! its 9pm.

the only thing im having trouble with is chords... its epicly hard to get my fingers in the correct position in the first place, but then to change chords O_O

lol and i read how to tune your guitar - yea forget that, i sat there for 1 hour trying and i figure i should just get back to trying to hold my fingers in the right place for C or G7 or somthing. i couldnt match the E on the 5th fret to the A to save my life.

i figure within 3 months ill have chords down if i keep trying really hard. then i can play a song... i hope.

Any inspiring words?
chords are a bitch at first, espically bar chords. just learn your open chords and keep on practicing switching between them.

good luck man

"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
Hey I just started playing too. I found alot of useful stuff at youtube. Just search for beginner guitar lessons.
Yea, thanks bro, i think back.. MAN why didnt i take up the guitar at 15 instead now now (me being 18)
I havent been playing long but like he said learn your open chords practice them practice switching and learn the notes on the fretboard it will help out alot since your learning right now, learning notes wont exactly be ''fun'' but very helpfull
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Learning the fretboard is something that came to me as I learned songs and open chords.

Power Chords are very good for chord learning, I played nothing but power chords for months when I started playing.
Quote by punk_metal2007
I havent been playing long but like he said learn your open chords practice them practice switching and learn the notes on the fretboard it will help out alot since your learning right now, learning notes wont exactly be ''fun'' but very helpfull

I agree. Try to learn some theory at least while your sore fingers recuperate for a few hours. It's a bitch to go back and learn the basics of theory when you just want to play but can't actually write a song.
I don't need a sig....
Quote by Shard Heilia
Learning the fretboard is something that came to me as I learned songs and open chords.

Power Chords are very good for chord learning, I played nothing but power chords for months when I started playing.

isnt power chords for Electric? i have an acoustic.

But yea when i wanna try a new song or something i look it on UG.com, then look it up on youtube to listen to so i get the jist of the song and try and make it work... but sadly lol my Guitar it so out of tune... its like droping a glass bottle when i play it.

I tried the whole Matching the sounds.. but i am unable to at the moment.
Quote by Natefe9
isnt power chords for Electric? i have an acoustic.

But yea when i wanna try a new song or something i look it on UG.com, then look it up on youtube to listen to so i get the jist of the song and try and make it work... but sadly lol my Guitar it so out of tune... its like droping a glass bottle when i play it.

I tried the whole Matching the sounds.. but i am unable to at the moment.

if you have a computer mic a good tuner substitute would be to download a tuner for your comp atleast till you can buy one and good cheap tuners are here www.musiciansfriend.com thats where I bought mine for like 7$ keeps me in tune
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."