I was at Walgreen's earlier tonight, and there was this asshole white guy giving a Hispanic cashier a really hard time because his credit card wouldn't scan. The cashier is there basically whenever I'm at Walgreen's, and she's really nice and speaks fluent English. Anyway, the guy was saying stuff like "It's no surprise it won't work with a Mexican running it" and "Do you understand me? You speak-o English-o?" and everyone in the store stopped what they were doing and gave the guy dirty looks. An old lady who is my current hero went up to him and says "If you don't leave now, I'm going to call the police."

That's not really what my question is. When I got home, I walked in and I said to my dad, "You wouldn't believe what a racist asshole I just saw." And he says, "Oh, it was a black guy wasn't it?" which made me say "Nevermind" and walk away because I was genuinely upset about the situation and I couldn't deal with something like that. So he's like "Come back here," and he spends 5 minutes explaining to me about how black people are so racist because they're always playing the race card and because they'll all still upset about slavery, and that all of the racism he sees is black people, not whites. Basically the kind of thing you'd expect from someone that watches Fox News and bases his opinion on black people on Al Sharpton. My question is, is this racism in itself, saying that all black people are racist? Discuss.
eh...i dunno. i have found that blacks (at my school at least) do play the race card whenever someone says something negative about them...it gets rather annoying
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Most current adults do have a hint of racism. It is normal amongst the ages of 40-60. Not right, but not surprising when you run into one.
Quote by smirnoff_black
Have you ever done this before? It's freakin' sweet! Earlier today, I was bored as hell just laying on my bed. I had an erection, so I started to use my penis as a gear stick and I was pretending I was driving. Has anyone else here ever tired this?
Yeah, I had a black friend and he was racist (in a way), but than again he probably had alot directed towards him
It's all a bit touchy but you can at least understand what he means. There are certain double standards, but being angry because of them is a little misinformed.
Yes, but if black people do that (which a lot of them do), then they're the racist ones.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Man I live in Alabama and it kinda pisses me of how racist ppl are against mexicans. I'm half black but I don't really encounter racism even though my school is
96% white ( and I def. don't pull the race card unless I'm joking).
Quote by FriskyDrisky
haha i dunno know. like if i sh*t or fart i know they smell really bad, but I enjoy the smell. Like I'll fart on my hand and then smell my hand. I dont think thats normal though...
It's pretty much racism. He's stereotyping blacks, and I believe that does count as racism.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
There's alotta racist black guys, your dad is right. But it doesn't mean white people should just suddenly feel like they're the tolerant ones now. If we're ever gonna have equality in this world we need to stop making any difference between how we treat other races. That's why I make fun of people alot and make black jokes to black kids lol. It helps once everyone realizes that we're different but comes to tolerate that. Humor is the answer!!
I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Quote by bananaboy
I was at Walgreen's earlier tonight, and there was this asshole white guy giving a Hispanic cashier a really hard time because his credit card wouldn't scan. The cashier is there basically whenever I'm at Walgreen's, and she's really nice and speaks fluent English. Anyway, the guy was saying stuff like "It's no surprise it won't work with a Mexican running it" and "Do you understand me? You speak-o English-o?" and everyone in the store stopped what they were doing and gave the guy dirty looks. An old lady who is my current hero went up to him and says "If you don't leave now, I'm going to call the police."

That's not really what my question is. When I got home, I walked in and I said to my dad, "You wouldn't believe what a racist asshole I just saw." And he says, "Oh, it was a black guy wasn't it?" which made me say "Nevermind" and walk away because I was genuinely upset about the situation and I couldn't deal with something like that. So he's like "Come back here," and he spends 5 minutes explaining to me about how black people are so racist because they're always playing the race card and because they'll all still upset about slavery, and that all of the racism he sees is black people, not whites. Basically the kind of thing you'd expect from someone that watches Fox News and bases his opinion on black people on Al Sharpton. My question is, is this racism in itself, saying that all black people are racist? Discuss.
That man talking to the cashier was trash, and as for your father; Pay no attention to what he is saying. Unless he knows what it is like to be Black in America, he does not know what he is talking about. And saying that Black people are all Racist is a stereotype, and I wouldn't enforce stereotyping in this case.