Page 1 of 2
are Gibson bringing out models with his accessory already installed? or are they simply selling the system aftermarket.

I went to musicians friend and they're taking pre-orders on the system. but I can't find anything about a model with it installed from factory.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Acording to the Gibson website which i went on yesterday the system will come pre-installed on the a few models. It also said that the system can be installed on other guitars but i dont know if this includes guitars with six in a line tuners like you would get on a jackson/ibanez. I dont think i would bother getting them installed on my guitar because it would take alot of work to get the wires to come from the body up to the neck which is a shame cos my gutiar is always going out of tune .
My Gear:
Jackson RR3
Vox AVT30
Why the hell would you want it? It's gonna cost about $$7896987 + $09876 to get it installed...

Or hey y'know.. You could just tune your guitar with your hands..

Jimmy page, Steve Vai, Pete Townshend, Santana, Buddy Guy, Clapton.. Did they use an auto-tuning system? Hmm.. no.

Seriously how can anybody be too lazy to tune their guitar..
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Jimmy page, Steve Vai, Pete Townshend, Santana, Buddy Guy, Clapton.. Did they use an auto-tuning system? Hmm.. no.

Seriously how can anybody be too lazy to tune their guitar..

I don't even like the idea of a guitar that tunes itself. Good old relative tuning ftw!
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Nah, they've got roadies

But seriously, I agree completely; it's just another step on the road to laziness and musical incompetence.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by TheDev01dOne

it was invented by a roadie (my dad knew him, that's why i know it) who was tired of always having to tune these loads of guitars.
i don't like the idea too much, but if you could sort of leave it running as you play it'd be useful - unless it only works with the strings ringing open, in which case, its a stupid, pointless idea - learning to tune your instrument is one of the first things you should learn imo.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I don't think it's marketed as a substitute for learning how to tune. It's mainly for those who play in mutliple tunings and would like to switch on the fly during a gig. Hell, it would be a nifty tool for trem users as it would keep the guitar in tune no matter how heavy you play with the Whammy bar.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
You would still have to stop to let the stupid auto-tuning thing tune it back up anyway though, it's not like it can do it mid-song.

Just as easy to kick on your tuner pedal between songs and make sure you're still in tune like 90% of people do anyway.
I find it lame.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by jAzZMataZz
it was invented by a roadie (my dad knew him, that's why i know it) who was tired of always having to tune these loads of guitars.

Way to put himself out of work LOLOL
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE

Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by TheDev01dOne
You would still have to stop to let the stupid auto-tuning thing tune it back up anyway though, it's not like it can do it mid-song.

Just as easy to kick on your tuner pedal between songs and make sure you're still in tune like 90% of people do anyway.

Yes, but the unit will tune the instrument in less then 5 seconds. So say you hit the whammy bar particulary hard during one song or you happen to bust a string - rather than playing through the entire song out of tune, you can shut the volumn off during a break in the song and let it tune up (you only need 3-5 seconds) - no need to cut the song short to tune.

The ability to play a song using multiple tunings is also more of a possibility - You could change tunings during a break.

I don't look at it as a detriment to playing as many a guitar player will always recognize the need of knowing how to tune manually (as it also goes along with tone/pitch recognition, which is essential to any professional guitarist).

Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Well the system is useless because it won't work with my Ibanez Edge, not that it ever goes out of tune.
This auto-tuning system is a lame attempt to attract people to Gibson guitars. If you have a guitar that needs an auto-tuning system....then you simply need another guitar. It might be kind of handy to switch tunings, but still.......geeez!
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
it sounds pretty cool.

of course it would be nice to have multiple guitars that you could leave tuned to different tunings, but that seems like a reasonable substitute if you have only one guitar and want to switch back and forth in different tunings while just messing around or jamming.
Heres the original: http://www.tronical.com/

Gibson is just licensing it. The site says they can make it for any bridge, but the main supported guitars are: Fender Standard Strat. Vintage Strat, Strat Plus; Gibson SG, Les Paul Standard and Custom, Flying V, Epiphone Les Paul and equivalent models.

Cost 899euros and can store 7 presets where one is always standard tuning.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Last edited by DagMX at Sep 13, 2007,
Quote by EEF13
do you think it would work on a Gibson Les paul Deluxe?

in a word: yes
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Well, the actual system itself costs 899 euros aftermarket according to the Tronical page, so don't expect it to be cheap.
Humility and good spelling are virtues, not your mortal enemy.
Quote by Extant
Well, the actual system itself costs 899 euros aftermarket according to the Tronical page, so don't expect it to be cheap.

I'd assume Gibson would get OEM rights? If gibson start reselling it, they might sell it cheaper for gibson guitars. Would make business sense: "Hey we have this for you and fender doesn't! Now stay away from them and be happy"

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I wouldn't be suprised if you start seeing a number of professional artists using the system.

Quote by DagMX
I'd assume Gibson would get OEM rights? If gibson start reselling it, they might sell it cheaper for gibson guitars. Would make business sense: "Hey we have this for you and fender doesn't! Now stay away from them and be happy"

Not likely. The only thing Gibson (as far as a I know - Dirk Gently or Caustic might know more) can do is request that Tronical not license the product to select manufactures in compromise for Gibson's license. I believe you can have more than one OEM.

EDIT: Fixed Tronical typo
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Sep 13, 2007,
Quote by Bazilisck311
I wouldn't be suprised if you start seeing a number of professional artists using the system.

Not likely. The only thing Gibson (as far as a I know - Dirk Gently or Caustic might know more) can do is request that Tronic not license the product to select manufactures in compromise for Gibson's license. I believe you can have more than one OEM.

yeah they can have more than one OEM, but with OEM, I think gibson might also get a price cut for ordering in bulk. But I'm not sure how exclusivity would go.

Maybe gibson could also take a loss on these to get more consumers on board. Lord knows they'd make up any loss on these very quickly.

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
899 euro isnt cheap. especially when gibson guitars are already 1000 USA anyways. i dont expect to see it real mainstream anytime soon.
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
Quote by bigbunny
899 euro isnt cheap. especially when gibson guitars are already 1000 USA anyways. i dont expect to see it real mainstream anytime soon.

wont be mainstream deffinitely, but it still would be a selling point. If they introduce this to the Gibson HD.6X-Pro, I would deffinitely pick it up as soon as I had the cash

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I don't get the bashing? if it works as expected, it would be a wonder during gigs. opposed to lugging 2-4+ guitars around, you can take this one (considering you favor the tone) and use it for the entire set.

I think a lot of you are being very near sighted on this accessory.
Jumping Jax Champion 1965!
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE

Way to make sure he could sit on his ass collecting shitloads of from his invention instead of hauling PA speakers up poles for the rest of his life.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I wonder how the auto-tuning system would work with a guitar that had a floyd-rose or other double-locking tremolo system installed.
Quote by Bazilisck311

request that Tronical not license the product to select manufactures in compromise for Gibson's license.

Is that legal? You can contract an exclusive deal with a particular manufacturer, that's all well and good. What I'm not sure you can do is attempt to put pressure on a supplier on which of your competitors it also supplies, and at what price.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
Is that legal? You can contract an exclusive deal with a particular manufacturer, that's all well and good. What I'm not sure you can do is attempt to put pressure on a supplier on which of your competitors it also supplies, and at what price.

I believe Intel has done this with Dell and other PC manufacturers. They provide their processors for a lower price should these companies market their models with only Intel components. I may be incorrect - Corporate law isn't my suite.
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by TheDev01dOne

http://www.tronical.com/home/artists
Look at the 2nd person on the list. but then again we all had to see it coming.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

^ im not surprised billy's there

damn him and his oodles upon oodles of money... i wish he would randomly decide to give me stuff...

anywho this is pretty handy for some tunings that are a bitch to tune (1/4 down or sharp), but i dont think its worth more than a couple hundred really
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti

It is possible. IF the conditions are too fierce(i.e. they make it so that tronical can't even supply it to users of other guitars), then they can be charged with monopoly unless they buy out tronical.

And regarding the intel case@Bazilisck311, yes thats right. Intel lowered their prices to where AMD couldn't compete and they made it so that any software compiled witht heir compilers wouldn't run as fast on the competition even if it was possible.

and regarding the floyd rose@HellRaiser620, I don't think they have a system that would work with a floating bridge unless it was locked down. I mean its possible, but the system would be expensive as hell. You'd need to replace the spring claw to something automatic, you'd need to have a custom bridge done up with support for the fine tutners in addition to the existing system

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
It is possible. IF the conditions are too fierce(i.e. they make it so that tronical can't even supply it to users of other guitars), then they can be charged with monopoly unless they buy out tronical.

And regarding the intel case@Bazilisck311, yes thats right. Intel lowered their prices to where AMD couldn't compete and they made it so that any software compiled witht heir compilers wouldn't run as fast on the competition even if it was possible.

and regarding the floyd rose@HellRaiser620, I don't think they have a system that would work with a floating bridge unless it was locked down. I mean its possible, but the system would be expensive as hell. You'd need to replace the spring claw to something automatic, you'd need to have a custom bridge done up with support for the fine tutners in addition to the existing system

Crap. Oh well, I suppose that if I get one, I'll just install it on my Strat instead of my Schecter Hellraiser.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I notice they're not making them for Teles..

Just goes to show you Teles are truly Ye Olde Reliable guitars

Seriously. I've heard stories of Telecasters falling down stairs and staying in tune, can't say the same for a Les Paul. Actually, if a Les Paul fell down stairs the neck would crack at the headstock and break off the body.

My Ibanez was shipped to me from New Jersey and I like south of Houston. It was in tune when it got here =D
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Seriously. I've heard stories of Telecasters falling down stairs and staying in tune, can't say the same for a Les Paul. Actually, if a Les Paul fell down stairs the neck would crack at the headstock and break off the body.

My Ibanez was shipped to me from New Jersey and I like south of Houston. It was in tune when it got here =D

Say what? who are you trying to fool here? ms teen south carolina 2007?

only kidding
Well sure it's a smart idea.

But worth €899?

No way. For that price you could another guitar or amp.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by kingjiyoon
Say what? who are you trying to fool here? ms teen south carolina 2007?

only kidding

LOL CALIFORNIA LOLOLOLOL
Page 1 of 2