So i'm in a band and we have written a few tracks..

But the vocal line always follows the guitar..

Is that alright?
Because I was wondering if i'd need to have an epic drum/bass part with the guitars for it to be a proper sounding song..

Chur.
By following the guitar do you mean the guitar is also playing the melody or its just strumming chords?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
I think 99% of the proper songs out there don't have epic parts... But it sure sounds awesome.

I'm taking a longshot here, but in your post it sounds like your singer is also a instrumentalist... if so it's easier to follow the guitar rithym but with practice it's quite simple to sing independently.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by justin_fraser
By following the guitar do you mean the guitar is also playing the melody or its just strumming chords?

yeah guitar playing the melody
Try avoiding this.

Iron Man and N.I.B. of Black Sabbath, Aces High and Running Free of Iron Maiden are songs where the guitar plays the same with the vocals. Although I love to death these songs, I wouldn't recommend you to this.

Try a totally different melod for the vocals. Like Metal Gods of Judas Priest
=>Fender Highway 1 Stratocaster with Alnico V Holydiver Bare Knuckle bridge humbucker

=>40 Watt RMS Yorkville Traynor YCV-40 valve amplifier

=>30 Watt Tech 21 NYC - Trademark 30 solid amplifier

=>Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby pedal
Quote by SdKfz
Try avoiding this.

Iron Man and N.I.B. of Black Sabbath, Aces High and Running Free of Iron Maiden are songs where the guitar plays the same with the vocals. Although I love to death these songs, I wouldn't recommend you to this.

Try a totally different melod for the vocals. Like Metal Gods of Judas Priest

agrred.
it's better than Cream's I'm So Glad.

love the song. but i have concerns with the lyrics lol.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard