hello i sanded the neck on my epi LP in hopes that it would feel like my faded Sg but obviously it doesnt. I have got down to the bare wood and dont like that either. Does anyone have any suggestions i should do to it to make it smoother ( wood oil and where i can buy it )
100% Pure tung oil.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Should of used automotive extra fine sanding sponges... They are an extremly fine grit, I think the one i got is like 1,200. Made by 3m "Ehem, sorry polititly correct, Made by some oddball factory, Improved by 3m." Maybe a nice polishing compound might make it alil smoother, but i heard the best oil is the oil from your hands O.o Idk if this is true just something I heard.
Wipe down your guitar neck with a stick of butter, that will make it play ultra fat.... i mean fast.
What grit did you last use on the neck?, from that grit progress upwards to about 2000. So if you last used 600 grit, use 800, then 1000, then 1200, then 1500, then 1800, then 2000. By then it should be really smooth. Now finish it with some kind of wood oil finish, like tung oil of gunstock oil. let that cure, then rub it down with #00000 grit steel wool, repeat the oiling and steel wool process about 5-6 times then you should be good.
Quote by ECistheBest
clear coat?

clear coat is mean on the hands if you ask me. Snags your thumb, at least in my experience.
really? my thumb doesn't even make contact with the neck lol. it's always fretting my 6th and occasional muting of my 5th string.

ur gripping ur guitar too hard man.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
yeah, glossy lacquer and poly tend to be pretty sticky on necks. Roughed down with steel wool lacquer works pretty well though. I still prefer sanded maple necks over coated necks though. I have to sand all of my guitar's necks or else they are just too unplayable for me.
Quote by ECistheBest
really? my thumb doesn't even make contact with the neck lol. it's always fretting my 6th and occasional muting of my 5th string.

ur gripping ur guitar too hard man.

I got small hands, My fingers hardly reach the 6th string with out me moving my thumb to the bottom of the board....., also when I am fretting, my thumb is about the middle of the back of the neck. I got really small hands for a guitar player lol, but it helps in the eletronic feilds. Also i know the jokes about people with small hands.............................................................................. We wear small gloves >: )