So...I have a RG2EX2, nothing has been upgraded at all. I have some money to spare and I don't really know what to do with it. I know I could get pickups, or a amp, but I'm basically asking what else I could do.

Model-
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/infamous1090/Guitar/Guitar003.jpg?t=1183011037
Full body-
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/infamous1090/Guitar/Guitar005.jpg?t=1183011068
My Setup (sad but true)-
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r124/infamous1090/Guitar/Guitar008.jpg?t=1183011101
New amp. Full stop.

That's a freaking beautiful guitar too, I want one =]
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
I wub it too, lol. The pics don't even do close to justice, the white is FRICKEN white, and its SOOO glossy. lol, go to GC and see it!

It's just for practicing...What do you suggest for under $400...I don't really think anything in that price range would be much better anyway.

Any other takers?
Amp it up man, You can be surprised look for a nice used amp... Yes used. Not all used gear is bad man.

also you have a nice guitar there. Some new pickups might do it justice, but they won't do much if your amps holding you back. You'll just get just about the same sound.
Last edited by WickedBeast666 at Sep 12, 2007,
AMP AMP AMP!!! I really like that guitar, I'd fancy it in an icy blue though
AAAAH, lol...Which amp for practicing in my room, I play alot of Killswitch engage and other metal/metalcore bands...Seriously, this amp will never leave my room.

otherwise...Can you suggest something to do with my guitar?

Or a nice pedal, I was thinking a EH metal muff though.
You sir. are very confusing. Your a guitar player who does not play outside of his room? That must mean you are really good, because the one's who seem to boast the most. Lack the most skill. Lol, and If your hiding from the world. You must have some hidden skill/talent that your hiding. ^_^, Killswitch engage is a pretty cool style. I like to play their holy diver cover song. *Woot covering a cover!* I'm going to go down some list now and see about good amps, at a good price. I'll reply in a min.
Sweet, and holy diver is a AWESOME song, I can play pretty much the whole thing now! It's pretty easy once you get the whole rhythm of it down.
Ummm, well it can't be that hard, can it? My brother is very very good, but I am pretty tech savvy, I can put together a computer and stuff...I'm sure i could practice soldering, too. What do you have in mind?
Will they ship those used amps to Wisconsin? Or atleast ship them to the store so I can buy them...
last I knew they did, but you may want to do some searching first, go to guitarcenter.com and check out the used gear deals they have. Usally they get some good gear from guitarist moving up/giving up. that you can snag pretty cheap. Thoughs were just 2 examples. I even seen a nice marsh on there for 249....
Quote by ErosThanatos
Try finding a 5150 used

Waaay overkill for what he wants. If you don't want to spend much money, look at the Vox Valvetronix series of amps. The 50w version is going to be plenty loud enough for you.
If you're willing to spend a bit more, look at a more modern-voiced small tube combo and get some good effects to run into it. There's not really a lot out there <20w tube (well, within a reasonable price range) that will do metal without effects.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
O.o lol thoughs are the same amps i put up there. The vox valvetronix series.... O.o woot i did good!
Quote by the_random_hero
Waaay overkill for what he wants. If you don't want to spend much money, look at the Vox Valvetronix series of amps. The 50w version is going to be plenty loud enough for you.
If you're willing to spend a bit more, look at a more modern-voiced small tube combo and get some good effects to run into it. There's not really a lot out there <20w tube (well, within a reasonable price range) that will do metal without effects.

Its not overkill unless your neighbours call the cops
Quote by WickedBeast666
O.o lol thoughs are the same amps i put up there. The vox valvetronix series.... O.o woot i did good!

You sure did good. Better than suggesting a MG or something
The only thing is they aren't tube - they run a 12AX7 in the pre-amp, but I'd put my money on it being run in starved-plate config.
Nonetheless, they are the perfect amp if you want a large range of usable tones on a smallish budget. Don't waste your money on anything bigger than the 50w version - you can go tube for that money.
Now I think of it, if you do a bit of searching you might be able to find a Peavey Windsor Studio - decently low wattage and good gain (it's based around the JCM900) but it's only single channel. No idea of price, I'd be saying around the $450 mark possibly. Pair this with a nice OD, booster and EQ and you've got a good setup for getting into metal territory.

Quote by ErosThanatos
Its not overkill unless your neighbours call the cops

To get good tones out of it, it's going to have to be cranked. Not good for your hearing or your neighbours sanity at all. If the threadstarted was looking for a gigging amp, then it's a excellent suggestion - but for what he wants it's not the best.
Oh, well I never fully looked though Vox amps. Didn't relize they wern't tubes. O.o I just noticed it was talking about being Tube which i'm gussing they are talking about the preamp. Oh well glade to hear they are good. I played on one and liked it.
Well, I haven't been able to find a Peavey Windsor Studio, I tried ebay, GC and craigs.

I guess the vox might just be the best bet for me...Maybe Ill just try to get the ad50vt and haggle the price down (new). Because I dont really think they will ship it, or ill call them, or talk to one of the guys when I go this weekend.
screw vox amps. For the stuff you play, go with a Randall, Line 6, Peavey, or even a few Marshalls. I own that same guitar in Black and believe me, nothing needs to be fixed on it! I have EMG 81s installed in all my other guitars and I honestly like the Ibanez designed ones just as much.(I think theyre even better for shred than actual 81s, but not other styles)