Title says it all. Who do you know that listens to metal and you would have never guessed it? Today I discovered the weakest kid on our football team listens to Job for a Cowboy. Of course, being a big sissy (saying a kid hit him too hard during practice), I would have thought he would have listened to emo stuff, not metal.

So who do you know?
Brawl Anyone?: Click HERE!!!

Like Mario Kart WiFi? Need help finding friends? Click here
hmm, this scrawny brown ffriend of mine. hes like 5'3" and 90 pounds
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Hah, me and like some other dude are like the only metalheads on the football team. Hell, the meanest badasses on our team, are redneck fisher/hunter dudes that listen to country.
me, i look the least metalhead person around. im more of a, i dunno, normal student looking, none of my friends even know i listen to metal, let alone extreme metal lol.
I listen to metal, and I hate arrogance and people who try to act tough.
you really sound like an asshole by the way, not everyones born physically strong that doesn't mean they can't like metal.
Oh, and I caught up with an old friend the other day. Last time I saw him he liked rap. Now he likes all these Unblack Metal bands.
Oh man, there's this massive kid in my class. He looks like a caveman, and has facial hair. I would've never suspected him.

He's french.
me

Although maybe not. Someone once told me (after they found out I listened to metal) "Yeah I could see you listening to metal, you're really quiet"
Me, I guess.

A lot of people give me this "WHAAA??" face when I tell them I listen to Metal. I only tell them bands like Metallica, Pantera, etc. and they're blown away. I haven't even mentioned all the black/ death metal yet. haha

I'm a really quiet, shy, conservative guy. So I guess they would be surpised.
Guitar:
Jackson DK2T Dinky
Schecter Damien 6
Ibanez ARC100-BS w/ Seymour Duncan JB
Amp:
Roland Cube 30x
There is a chick at my work that seriously looks like she'd be into emo and screamo bands, yet she likes Isis, Red Sparowes, Old Man's Gloom, Sunn O))) and a bunch of other bands I didn't expect.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I didn't expect Jim Carrey to listen to it.

Yeah, I was gonna say him. He said Cannibal Corpse was his favorite band.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
My girlfriend,lol. She really likes metallica and slipknot,its funny. She like heavier A7X too. You'd never know though. It still shocks me whenever I look over at her iPod to see what she's listening too and we've been dating for just about 2 years,lol.
Quote by GITARdud391
My girlfriend,lol. She really likes metallica and slipknot,its funny. She like heavier A7X too. You'd never know though. It still shocks me whenever I look over at her iPod to see what she's listening too and we've been dating for just about 2 years,lol.

It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
random kids at my school that don't wear any band shirts are into like black and death metal.
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by stanleybach
What? They suck because they aren't true metal? Open your mind.
I know a couple of cute girls who like metal... I woudn't expect them to like metal... I thought they liked country or something

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
Quote by Masonpwiley

Uh no. They're not allowed in this forum.

omg u st00pid elitist methulheds r so elitist this forum is elitisit
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
i know a lot of kids who mainly listen to old school emo and screamo, but they still listen to a lot of emperor, cannibal corpse, sun o))), pod people, etc etc
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Most people that just met me wouldn't guess I like metal because I kind of look like a "preppy" kid. So I guess I'll say me.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by Masonpwiley

No, they suck because they suck. The genre has nothing to do with it.

Quote by pistols
i know a lot of kids who mainly listen to old school emo and screamo, but they still listen to a lot of emperor, cannibal corpse, sun o))), pod people, etc etc

That pretty much covers me, except add some industrial too, and a focus on Norwegian black metal.

Quote by imnotcommunist
JFAC isnt metal

No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Hmmm I have an answer to this thread. Who the hell cares? Oh, and to however mentioned Slipknot or whatever and someone said they're not allowed here. Just please stfu! I mean, just because someone mentions a band that isn't metal in here doesn't mean they'll get warned or it's against the rules... even though some douche bag will probably report me Christ, I hate you guys.
But, to be somewhat on topic... I don't know why I'm even doing this. But, I find most people to wear band tee's retarded and they feel they have to be all cool because "Ohhhh wow theys listens to the metals!" Bugs the hell out of me. A lot of my friends just wear normal clothes and don't feel the need to be an idiotic attention ***** like a bunch of you probably are. It's like you people want people to have a sign written on their back saying "Tr00 metal head" so you can find someone who has something incommon with you. Oh and just kidding about the rant :P I just like making fun on threads now
ololl i iS SpaMMErz

EDIT: Hmm, I guess I might as well answer the thread question haha. But one of my very close friends who dresses like a real prep... I mean, it looks real gay imo haha. But anyways, I got him into a lot of extreme metal, but he's still very young in the genres. But no one expects that he listens to the same bands as I do.

Oh, and to my above statements. I CAlL TeH MOdzzZ OUT!!!!1oneleven *does backflip and karate scream... kinda like "Whachaaaaaaa!"*
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Last edited by CaptainOfSmug at Sep 13, 2007,
Quote by bobthesgman
Title says it all. Who do you know that listens to metal and you would have never guessed it? Today I discovered the weakest kid on our football team listens to Job for a Cowboy. Of course, being a big sissy (saying a kid hit him too hard during practice), I would have thought he would have listened to emo stuff, not metal.

So who do you know?

Tony Blair loves Black Sabbath.

When you first see Muhammed Suicmez, the last thing that you'll percieve him to be is a singer and guitarist for possibly the best Tech Death Metal band that I know, Necrophagist.

I mean come on! He looks like a fucking suburban dad for God's sake.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
^Half the Labour party were piss-heads.....look at young Gordon Brown.

Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Hmmm I have an answer to this thread. Who the hell cares? Oh, and to however mentioned Slipknot or whatever and someone said they're not allowed here. Just please stfu! I mean, just because someone mentions a band that isn't metal in here doesn't mean they'll get warned or it's against the rules... even though some douche bag will probably report me Christ, I hate you guys.
But, to be somewhat on topic... I don't know why I'm even doing this. But, I find most people to wear band tee's retarded and they feel they have to be all cool because "Ohhhh wow theys listens to the metals!" Bugs the hell out of me. A lot of my friends just wear normal clothes and don't feel the need to be an idiotic attention ***** like a bunch of you probably are. It's like you people want people to have a sign written on their back saying "Tr00 metal head" so you can find someone who has something incommon with you. Oh and just kidding about the rant :P I just like making fun on threads now
ololl i iS SpaMMErz

EDIT: Hmm, I guess I might as well answer the thread question haha. But one of my very close friends who dresses like a real prep... I mean, it looks real gay imo haha. But anyways, I got him into a lot of extreme metal, but he's still very young in the genres. But no one expects that he listens to the same bands as I do.

Oh, and to my above statements. I CAlL TeH MOdzzZ OUT!!!!1oneleven *does backflip and karate scream... kinda like "Whachaaaaaaa!"*

I can somewhat agree with you....however, have you ever heard of people wearing bandshirts because they like the artwork (along with liking the band of course)? Supporting your favourite band is not necessarily posing or trying to shock people with the, as you said, "wow he listens to metal" factor.
I wear my Maiden shirts purely because I like the music and I love the artwork. If people happen to start praising my shirt fine, but also keep in mind I also get a lot of **** thrown at me by random passers-by because they think whatever of Maiden or metal music in general.
Anyone who is wearing a bandshirt to "get in with the crowd" is a complete moron seeing as "the crowd" will instantly see though it and everyone else will (sometimes) think less of them (as metal still has the aura of "undesirable" everywhere still).
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

ololl i iS SpaMMErz

I wear band T's all the time becasue I like the designs and like to support bands I like, not becasue I'm an idiotic attention seeking "four - star". So STFU and stop being as stupid as the thread starter with the sterotypes and genralisations, dickhead.
Jim Carrey is a Cannibal Corspe fan...for real

When I came near losing my own life
It made me learn the true meaning of a smile
My friend
He is medium height, skinny, has the ****ing curliest hair, tanned and has a moustache
he listens to emperor satyricon etc
its quite funny
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
But, I find most people to wear band tee's retarded and they feel they have to be all cool because "Ohhhh wow theys listens to the metals!" Bugs the hell out of me. A lot of my friends just wear normal clothes and don't feel the need to be an idiotic attention ***** like a bunch of you probably are. It's like you people want people to have a sign written on their back saying "Tr00 metal head" so you can find someone who has something incommon with you.

Whatever helps you sleep at night

Quote by mortiis999
I wear band T's all the time becasue I like the designs and like to support bands I like, not becasue I'm an idiotic attention seeking "four - star". So STFU and stop being as stupid as the thread starter with the sterotypes and genralisations, dickhead.

Seconded

edit: screwed up the quotes, fixed 'em
Last edited by Soul Vomitor at Sep 13, 2007,
alrite i read some of the posts and im a little confused, are you guys saying its ok to wear band shirts if you just like the design even if you dont like the band?
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug

But, to be somewhat on topic... I don't know why I'm even doing this. But, I find most people to wear band tee's retarded and they feel they have to be all cool because "Ohhhh wow theys listens to the metals!" Bugs the hell out of me. A lot of my friends just wear normal clothes and don't feel the need to be an idiotic attention ***** like a bunch of you probably are. It's like you people want people to have a sign written on their back saying "Tr00 metal head"

:'(

I like my band shirts...

One of my mates, also from work, listens to a lot of trance, but also likes Children of Bodom.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM