Ok, a little background. This music store is in a small city that is about 45 minutes from my house. The first time I went in there was a couple years ago with money in my pocket and went to buy a guitar. They are the type of store that asks you to ask an associate to get the guitar down for you, so I did and the guy told me that I shouldn't even touch the instrument if I wasn't going to buy it. I turned around and walked out. They are the upitty kind of store and share a building with a car dealership that sells Farraris and those types of cars by appointment only. Anyway, it had been a couple of years since I went back in there, but I did about a month ago when I bought a LTD EC-1000 that had Schaller strap locks on it. This store was the only place in town that had them in stock. The guy was pretty nice so I thought maybe they turned around. I went back in the other day because I got G.A.S. really bad and wanted an amp. I went looking for a used amp and walked in. A guy (who didn't help me with the strap locks) came up to me while I was waiting for the guy I had good experience with. He asked if I needed help and I was nice, polite and said that I was looking for a used amp. He said that he didn't have any used in right now but they had a Line 6 Spider 3 on sale. I said "no I'm good" and he just dropped his jaw and stood there. He stuttered for a bit and just turned around and walked away. I could do nothing but laugh. It was pretty funny. My friend was just there bent over. I wish I could have got it on tape, his expression was absolutely priceless.

Discuss similiar stories.
Eh, maybe. You just have to see this store, they only stock high end stuff with multiple 10,000+ grand pianos. I ask him for an amp and he points out the ****tiest thing they have in there. What was even more funny was there was this kid in there stumming an open E chord playing through a JCM 2000 fullstack as his mom watched.

Ehh, nevermind.
lol dont even touch it unless you're going to buy it...that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard of.
I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on.
idk now its not that funny about line sixes

but wat a dick to say "uhh dont play it if u arnt buying it"

i hate assholes man odds are urr not some little kid who dont know how to play damn it pisses me off i havnt come across really anyone like that luckily
i went to a brook mays like that once. they piss me off.guitar center is so much better.**** brook mays
Yeah, how do they expect to sell guitars if you can't try them out? They sound like idiots...
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Well, they have the same guitars on the walls they did a couple years ago. I think they survive by catering to band instruments for schools.
Guitar Center is way better then Brook Mays, but don't expect to get much money for your used guitars at G.C., they will **** you over. But I guess that is what happens when you try to get rid of your old guitar stuff, even 4 months old and purchased from G.C.
Quote by myvaliantleap
What was even more funny was there was this kid in there stumming an open E chord playing through a JCM 2000 fullstack as his mom watched.

LAWL AN DEN U PWNT HIM WIT A 1000NPS SOLO RITE!?!//11?11 LOLOLOL11!1 DAT STUPED NOOB SHUDN BE ALOWD NEER A GETAR ROFL1!!1!1
No, that is not what I said. Everyone starts somewhere, I'm not an elitist dick, but you can go too far.
Quote by NorseGodofRock
LAWL AN DEN U PWNT HIM WIT A 1000NPS SOLO RITE!?!//11?11 LOLOLOL11!1 DAT STUPED NOOB SHUDN BE ALOWD NEER A GETAR ROFL1!!1!1

I NO! AMIRITE?
Quote by myvaliantleap
No, that is not what I said. Everyone starts somewhere, I'm not an elitist dick, but you can go too far.

I know dude, I'm just ****in' with you.

I hate it when people stay stuff like that though, where they act like badasses because they showed up someone who was just starting out.
hehe, the guy that tried to sell you the spider was like "yeh, let the kid play on the ****ty amp... he just better not try and play through that spider... i'll rip his guts out."
I was trying a used Ric 4001 at this store in AZ (I was visiting relatives), and just playing on it. It sounded amazing, even through a B-DEC, BTW. I played it for, like, 4 minutes and the "associate" was getting pissed cuz I kept playing it without telling him if I was gonna buy it or not. I noticed it, so, just to piss him off even more, I played it another 5 minutes. Then I handed him the Ric, said "Thanks" and walked out. I caught a glimpse of his face as I was walking out. I thought I was going to get to watch his head explode.

I don't know if it was just that store or all the stores in that area. Cuz when I went to another store in a diff. city (in AZ too), they let me play a Variax through a vintage Vibrolux amp. They were so cool.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Last edited by Primus2112 at Aug 16, 2008,
How can you make your mind about a guitar if you can't touch it?

I've been playing for more than 2 hours when I bought my 335.

Only my amp, '57 Twin, that I bought directly from a catalog without trying it.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Yeah, a similar thing happened with me and my band.

We went to the Music-Go-Round closest to us to look at bass amps. We walk in, and find the little Ampeg combo that we'd been looking to try out. So then we all start looking at the wall to see if there's a bass that's at least close to what my bassist has, and he says that the last time he'd been in there, one of the "associates" told him that they had to get one down for him.
So he goes back to the little office where all the employees were, and one of the guys goes something like "I heard what you said - you said one of the assholes has to get one of the basses down for you." I can assure you, my bassist never called any of them assholes. So then we were kicked out of the store, which seemed for no reason until the bassist told us what had happened. All that the store clerk said was "bye" and ushered us out.

Needless to say, I don't go to Music-Go-Round anymore. Most of their stuff is overpriced anyway.
If anyone wants to IM me, it's dwsabianguy. No spam.
i went to a small music store in wisconsin and the guy told me to get out or get my parents kuz i wasnt over eighteen...
I once had a guy be really nice and lead me to the room with about 20 half stacks and 80 guitars hangin on the wall... and he just said, "Knock yourself out!"....and left.

Now THAT'S service
O O

___
I was with my friend, who is looking to get a new electric, in a local music store a few weeks back, crap selection btw. So we get this Turser (sp?) SG look-alike down and plug it in to one of the rediculously overcomplicated amps ( If I want reverb, I'll get it, I don't need a 10 setting knob) and played a little bit. I grabbed one of little acoustic buggers in there, $50 Wal-mart variety, and play along with him. After, probably 45 minutes of decision making, the owner walked over and asked us, verbatim, "Are you guys looking to buy, or just jamming?" My buddy said that if you're going to buy, you need to jam a little to make sure that the guitar is what you're looking for. Unfortunately, the guy gave us the stink eye so we left. I've never really had good experiences in there.

Their guitar teachers aren't exactly prime either.

/pointless story
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
What's so bad about a Line 6 Spider III?

My friend has one and it's pretty decent.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Quote by NorseGodofRock

I've had Alzheimer's Disease for as long as I can remember.

Quote by damian_91
Pleasure2kill, you are a genius!
Nothing really specific about uppity sales guys, but me and the guys in our band go to our local Music-Go-Round all the time. Most of the sales guys are kinda uppity/snotty and we've all been B.S.'d by em except this one girl who works there, who's in a really cool hard rock band and always gives us deals and is generally cool all-around.

Now every time we go in there (we found out they're on commission), we only deal with her. On one visit, we dropped about $1,200 USD buying 2 amp cabs an a mixer. We've bought 2 guitars, a couple pedals, a drum machine, a bass, a bass cab, a condenser mic, and a boatload of misc cables, picks, strings, straps, strap locks, guitar stands, mic booms, etc. Whenever they see us come in, they know there's a chance we're looking to drop cash so they always give us the 4-star treatment now (even though we're usually unshowered and hung over cause we go on Saturday mornings, and Friday nights tend to run long ).

Every single time, one or two of em will come up in their best Helpy McHelperton voice and ask if we need anything, and we're always like "Yeah, where's Danielle at?". They always get this deflated look and sulk off to go get her and give us pissed off looks from behind the counter. Then, sure enough the next time we're in they're all rainbows and sunshine again. It's great
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
There is this place in Indiana called The Music Shoppe. The place is in the ghetto area of my city so it is smaller than the breasts of a two year old girl...But anyway I went in there when i was on my search for a new guitar. There was this guy who greeted me at the door who looked to be about 50...with a skullet, tank top, shorts, and converses with money on them. I immediatley felt uncomfortable. So i get in there and the place smells horribly of cigarette smoke...which cant be good for the wealth of guitars and amps they have in there. I had the "associate" grab me a great looking Epiphone Flying V..but there was no place to sit and play so i just stood there.
The man comes back with a cable and just plugs me up to a marshall and sits down on an amp next to me and starts talking about banjos....Meanwhile my father was just standing there with a "WTF?" look on his face. I get up and tell my dad that this place is horrible and he agrees, so as we are walking out, the man says hey ...wanna hear a joke? I was like ok..and he says "Whats the difference between a banjo and a trampoline?". I was like "Wut?" He started jumpin around and said "Ya hafta take yer shooz off to jump on a trampoline!" he looked up at me with the cheesiest yellow grin i have ever seen. Needless to say, I ran outta that store about to **** my pants from laughing. The jokes wasnt funny....But that poor bastard sure tried
Quote by TheBax
I once had a guy be really nice and lead me to the room with about 20 half stacks and 80 guitars hangin on the wall... and he just said, "Knock yourself out!"....and left.

Now THAT'S service

i probably would have cried tears of joy.
I have something similar. I like to go to pawn shops to seach for good deals. One day, I went to one close to where I worked and when I went in, I was a bit surprised. I saw guns everywhere. It wasn't the typical pawn shop. Hidden in the corner though, I saw a really cool Ovation acoustic and I wandered over there. Surrounded by guns, I was calmed by a sign on the wall.

"NO STAIRWAY." Then I got the hell out of there.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
I was at Sam Ash (2 1/2 hours from my house) and the only cool guy I've ever met there was working. He got me the ESP Alexi600 to play. He then took me to a room with Krank, Randall, Marshall, Hiwatt, and Hughes&Kettner full stacks. He plugged them all in, and said "Have fun". I only played on the Krank Rev. and Marshall JVM, but I about died of happiness.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by TheBax

Now THAT'S service

Man, I wish we had stores like that in Ireland.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
at Guitar Center they always look at me all weird, like they're expecting me to buy something, and it gets annoying, so my friends and i don't really like going in there anymore. there's this other music store i might start going to though; the owner has ties to the Mafia i guess, but they're still pretty cool.
I went to a L&M today to get my '57 classics and I spent $300 in the store and the douchy sales clerk refused to give me a $0.42 break since I didn't have change. He also didn't know anything about pickups, though my SG special was a standard and looked like a total fag. I also asked if he could get the tech to give me 5 mins and adjust the slight bow in my neck, he said it would take 3 weeks, the tech was standing outside drinking coffee and smoking. That places ****ing sucks, unfortunately it's the only place within bus distance

They also didn't sell Seymour Duncans. The only thing I was happy about was getting to play a Hello Kitty squire.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by frottage
at Guitar Center they always look at me all weird, like they're expecting me to buy something[...]

Imagine that
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by dgme92
Man, I wish we had stores like that in Ireland.

They're a local store, that's why they're so nice. All they do is stock up on ESPs and Marshall, Peavey, and a few other high-end stacks. An they've got this little room with, like i said, about 20 half stacks, and a lot of guitars(ESPs, Fernandes, etc.) just hanging on the wall above them.

It's like heaven.... and the weirdest thing is, i've only seen like, 3 other people even GO IN that shop... it's like i've got it all to myself
O O

___
Yesterday, in a music store I went to, I tried out a Marshall JCM head through an Ashton cab, needless to say, even through the cab sucked, the head has orgasmic tone, all the while I'm playing, the fellow who served me kept telling me about how tube amps work.

I listened though, I would have felt like a douche if I told him that I knew how the amps work, I did drop some hints though like

"You can't hear the amp's real sound though, the manager wants it quiet, you need to turn it up to hear the good sound."

"Yeah I know, I have a Valveking at home."

"Oh, just before you turn the amp on, let it be on standby for a while."

"I know, I leave my Valveking on for at least a minute before I play it."

"It's better if you let it warm up longer."

"I know"

He walks off and then comes back later and tells me;

"Alright, that's enough playing, thanks for trying out though!"

The store was basically empty and it was near closing time, I was a tad offended because he didn't say anything about closing, just told me I had enough, no one else wanted to try the amp either (or maybe he got that impression because of the two people that stared at me while I was playing...)
Down the street from me a really lame small music store opened up. I was down at the shopping center it was in the day it opened so I decided to go in. I was the only customer in there and the manager was the only one in there. We started talking and he showed me the recording studio in the back. He was a pretty cool guy, knew a little about music, but still cool. Then he asked if I was looking for anything. I told him I was in the market for a new bass and he showed me their "selection." A Squire Jazz Bass, and a knock off Squire brand bass that was listed for $500. Needless to say, I left.