Well I've been told by a few people that my original amp choice (Epi Valve Jr Half Stack) isn't a great choice with it only having one knob. They say if I wanted a good sound, I would need to buy a few pedals so I'm asking for suggestions.

Epiphone Valve Jr. Half Stack
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Jr.-HalfStack?sku=481475

Blackheart BH5H and BH112 Half Stack:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5H-and-BH112-Half-Stack?sku=483078

Anything out of these (or something on MF no more then 250$ APROX):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-combo-amps?N=100001+330839+9
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
What kinda of music do you play?

Why do you want a half stack?

Are you just practicing or gigging?
Classic rock, rock, little grunge.

I just found the tone nice myself, but people have just been against the VJ. I just added the Blackheart in there for show.

I'm doing a bit of both, but not very big gigs. I don't need much power at all.

Used is no use, none in town. I'm ordering this with a guitar, so yeah.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Sep 12, 2007,
Like I said, nothing good used in town or near it.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Ebay is too much shipping. I'm trying to avoid all that shipping by including it with my guitar. I couldn't find the Crate V8 or Peavey Royal 8 on MF, could you find links? And Timmins is in northern ontario.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
craigslist is a great way to find local gear sales. i posted a link, but i dont know which sectino to choose
There is nothing really near here besides Sudbury and it has nothing.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
lol thats too bad. how much longer can you save up? cause when you hit the 400-600 range your options increase in size and quiality 100%
I really cannot save much, I've held it for quite long. I'm liking the V8 A LOT! Does it really sound that great? I wish I had more money, but this is only temp. I just need it until I can save for a bigger one next year. I just can't wait that long.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
its similar to the VJ. another option is to order a modded Valve Junior from here. Its really a great deal, kerry is a great guy and he can make you valve junior sound great.
http://affectronix.tk/ look under valve junior plus. he posts under here as call1800ksmyazz or something ( i always forget). really the best amp in that price range, is a vj modded by kerry
Quote by elekguit
I really cannot save much, I've held it for quite long. I'm liking the V8 A LOT! Does it really sound that great? I wish I had more money, but this is only temp. I just need it until I can save for a bigger one next year. I just can't wait that long.

The V8 is just a smaller version of the V16 without an EQ, and I love my V16 to death. It can do pretty much anything other than metal on its own, and can get into a lower gain metal range with a good OD.

If you can, save up for the V16, but otherwise, go with the V8.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
My only issue with it is that it would cost a lot to ship. And yes I know the V8 is a downgrade from the V16, but does the V8 really go loud?

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Last edited by elekguit at Sep 12, 2007,
Well could anyone really tell me how the Epi Valve JR Half Stack is in the long run? I'm really into it. It sounded great when I tried it.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
did you read my post about modding? improves tone 100% from what i have heard, all good reviews. i was thinking about doing it, but i decided my amps perfect for me already and i dont need another one
Yeah did you read mine? I cannot pay that shipping, even worse having no back up if I'm unhappy or if it breaks.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
My only issue with it is that it would cost a lot to ship. And yes I know the V8 is a downgrade from the V16, but does the V8 really go loud?

V8 will probably be about the same as the VJ, but with a little more gain.
shipping from kerry will be, at the very most that i could see, $15. his quote for me was $5 shipping, to the NE us. i guess then the cab would be seperate shipping, but that would be free from musiciansfriend cause its more than 99
Well that still doesn't solve my issue about it breaking. If I did, I'm ****ed. At least I could return it without a problem threw MF. I was looking at the Vox's. I wanted one before but then I found the Half Stack.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by s.r.v.
shipping from kerry will be, at the very most that i could see, $15. his quote for me was $5 shipping, to the NE us. i guess then the cab would be seperate shipping, but that would be free from musiciansfriend cause its more than 99

Just to get it across the border, it would cost him a bit. My V16 cost me $90 to get it through customs and across the border.
Update: I'm listening to the Vox AD30VT sound clips, and it sounds great. I've played on a 15 before, this seems like a huge improvement.

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Note that MF will not ship teh blackheart or the epi valve to Canada. Only products they ship to Canada have the Maple Leaf on the product page (and even then they've been known to say it can't ship to canada during checkout).