yea man. they mayb a little more expensive but they last soooo long. They have never rusted on me and they last for months. Thats a long time for a set a strings for me so yea i recommend them
Quote by tristboyer
i wanna try them but there a bit pricey... do they realley last longer or it doesn't make much of a differnce? I have to change ma strings very often like after 2 days you could already see them getting rusty...

Wow, I usually change mine every 2-3 weeks. And I play actively. Wipe your strings down after playing. And keep your guitar out of a moist environment.

2 days is wayyy fast.
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
yeah i know that 2 days is really fast...i know that i have to whipe them but most of the time i forget... anyways i think i'm gonna try elixirs to see if they last ALOT longer...

what do you guys think or d'addario chrome strings.. i hate the XL but i might try those ones
well what kind of strings are you using currently? can't be too great if they show rust after 2 days, no matter how long you play or how sweaty you are.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
well you don't really need elixirs if you think they're too pricey, just be sure to thoroughly wipe your strings down after each jam session because that should help (like the other dudes said). I have no experience with them, but if you truly think you need the elixirs and nothing else helps your problem, then I'd say go for it.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
to be honest your strings should wear out way before they rust , some guitar freaks replace theres every 96hours of playing, as then they start to have slight wear but they still sound good, I've only had experiences of the Biggest string wearing out in the inside after 3 months or so, depends on your palm muting, but cleaning your strings does help

wait you must play in the snow where they put salt on the road so your guitar strings rust super fast j/k
im confused on the pricey part?...10 bux is too much?...i use them on every guitar and love them
Quote by twinturboaudi
im confused on the pricey part?...10 bux is too much?...i use them on every guitar and love them

ive seen them for 20 or more.

anyways, yes they last longer and stay looking like new for a while. they sound real metalic like a new set like all the time as well. but your strings are not rusting after three days. losing colour is not rusting and they are fine. i start to lose colour in like less than an hour of playing. its just what happens. if you want them to sound like new all the time and have that bell tone then save some money and buy them.

oh yes, i also find elixirs to be really easy to slide around on.
I started off playing on elixirs, and I didn't find them to be worth the extra money.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
ive seen them for 20 or more.

anyways, yes they last longer and stay looking like new for a while. they sound real metalic like a new set like all the time as well. but your strings are not rusting after three days. losing colour is not rusting and they are fine. i start to lose colour in like less than an hour of playing. its just what happens. if you want them to sound like new all the time and have that bell tone then save some money and buy them.

oh yes, i also find elixirs to be really easy to slide around on.

oh...the only ones ive seen for over 20 were the 12 strings...which i bought for both 12 sting guitars...and i have them on my exotic star and jackson...def much easier to slide up and down....sometimes almost too smooth
Quote by mazohysthoney
well you don't really need elixirs if you think they're too pricey, just be sure to thoroughly wipe your strings down after each jam session because that should help (like the other dudes said). I have no experience with them, but if you truly think you need the elixirs and nothing else helps your problem, then I'd say go for it.

that statement is illogical captain.

corrosion occurrs before you even put the string on. I had a set of elixirs last 11 months...and i play 6 hours every day.
All I use are Elixirs. The life varies for me. The longest I've had them is about 5 months. I love them, though. To me, they're worth the price.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
All depends, I live in a place where we have 85-95% humidity, and elixir's can't stand up to that. For me, it's a nice, hardshell case that keeps my strings from rusting.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra