Alright, I'm looking for opinions on this. I have gotten good grades all this semester (last year was terrible on purpose, so if I do average this year I get crap) and I wanted some opinions on this. Because of my grades, I have the choice to get a new Ipod or a new amp

New amp would be anything 350 or below (or all add it to a fund for a new amp)

New Ipod would be a standard 80 gig.

The amp I have works, I can blast it to a point where you can barely hear it over the drumsets. It's not ALL that bad
I have an Ipod MINI, there is no hold switch so I have to put aluminum foil in the top and try not to short circut it (although I often do), there is no top or bottom, and I can only fill it up halfway because after that it refuses to be connected to computers anymore so.

Also note I have 35 gigs of music and can only put 1.5 gig on my ipod because of the problems my Ipod has.

Which one would you get.
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Last edited by DefectedFromGod at Sep 12, 2007,
Price range?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Up to 350 bucks, but I will choose a different amp if I go with that. Probaly add it to my fund for a tube combo.

But I was just wondering amp or ipod, don't give me amp suggestions right now (I'll ask for some later).

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
I'd say just use that money for a tube combo fund.
Rig:
PRS SE semi hollow (blue)
mexican fat strat
Ovation MOB
LTD hybrid 300
Fender Blues Junior
Digitech Whammy
Boss DD 20 and DS1
well do you wanna LISTEN TO music or MAKE music, if you wanna make music get the amp if you wanna listen to music get the ipod

^wtf did i just say?
Real quick, if you are looking for a 30 gb iPod, there are massive amounts of people trying to sell theirs (5G Video) to make room for the New ones they just released. If you dont care and just want the 5G, you can get one in like new condition for under $200 off of craigslist.
An ipod was a great investment for me . I'd say get the ipod but only if you listen to music constantly.
pocket that 350 and save it for something even better
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
maybe save up a bit more and get both...if not id get the ipod first cus ur amp sounds like it works ok
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
I want to listen to music ALL the time. If my ipod didn't take me putting screwdrivers and aluminium foil in it to work I'd listen to it all day long. However making music is my true passion, but it pisses me off that I can't listen to what I want when I want becuase it's not on my ipod or my ipod refuses to work.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
iPod wise, wait for the new 80 gig iPod Classic to come out later this month.
Take a look at it:
http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/

But, I really suggest you get rid of that Frontman instead. I had that as my first amp and it SUCKS.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
yeah get an ipod.even though that frontman is not good at all your ipod sounds worse man lol.and the me50 problably makes the frontman sound a tiny bit better lol.get a 160 gig ipod classic or a ipod touch,just wait there out this month man.
Is this typical of parenting today? Cuz man, you sound really spoiled.

On topic though, I don't understand why you're asking a forum. As someone said, do you want to make music or listen to it? Its your decision.
Well, it's up to you. Whether or not you want to listen to music or make music is up to you. You said you can barely be heard over drums, so I take it you occasionly play with friends, meaning your into making music. I'd say save the 350 up for a tube combo.

And also, if I were you I would throw the ipod away and buy a 4G ipod (ipod photo). The biggest size they have (I think it was 60gb). And get it used on ebay for probably under 200$. sounds good to me.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by Green_Sponge

On topic though, I don't understand why you're asking a forum. As someone said, do you want to make music or listen to it? Its your decision.

Yes, rewarding kids for good grades is spoiling your kids.

Amp wise, you could get a used peavey classic, hot rod or similar, with some money to spare if you'relucky, but it depends on what you want to play. I'd get the new amp, unless you really really like your music.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
Amp wise, you could get a used peavey classic, hot rod or similar, with some money to spare if you'relucky, but it depends on what you want to play. I'd get the new amp, unless you really really like your music.

^ I agree on those choices. I also know my kids have been surgically attatched to their iPods. So tough call.

I'd get the amp. I have an iPod Nano, and that's all I need. But I have an mp3 player in my car, and that covers most of my listening to music.

Besides, you could get an amp like the ones mentioned here that could last you a lifetime, meanwhile Apple will probably come out with a 360 gig iPod next year for $200.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by Green_Sponge

I'm one of the poor kids in the top 5 richest counties in america. Everyone hates us here so this is nothing. I have a friend who got a Gibby Zakk Wylde custom for making hte basketball team and he doesn't even use it anymore.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
save up, then get both used. and you dont really need 80gbs of music, unless you listen at music for about 20 hours a day and dont repeat songs, and even have enough to put in.
Dude. Get an iPod touch. Then you could be on UG anywhere with wifi
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
tell your parents your getting an amp so they give you the $350, then buy the 80gb ipod classic for $250 an have $100 towards your amp. then you'd get an ipod and money without lying.
Member #4 of The Fulltone Users League
Member #68 of the EHX Users Guild

You Would