http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Showmaster-QMT-HH-Electric-Guitar?sku=511953
WHY IS IT SO CHEAP!?!??!
Wheres the gimmicks!!!111
Its freakin got locking tuners and all!
id only change the nut and pickups...
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
i like that guitar alot. if i had the money id get it, it has EXACTLY wat im looking for. i posted a thread about it
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
It's a really good guitar. Frets could use a little polishing, but, meh. It's still great. Really good guitars. Try them out. I only wish that I had gotten one instead of my RG.
EDIT: WTF? It's 620 now? It was 400 like half a year ago.
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
Quote by jesus-squared
Much Much better guitars for that price IMO...

Like what? a superstrat with 24 frets, and a non fr trem is what ive always wanted....
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I guess cheap is relative, compared to a gibson its cheap. But to most 629 bucks can buy alot of other things to. And why does everybody feel the need to change pickups in a guitar that hasnt even been played yet. I see people recommending these same pickups as replacements all the time. Looks like a pretty nice guitar tho, doubt they make it left handed.
I'd try out that at a store and a prs se is in that price range too (I havent played either but those look like two to check out imo)

edit: that cherry burst is beautifull and it has a set neck...almost makes me wish I hadnt gotten a fat strat (I'm not a huge fan of big pg's)
Last edited by livrockdie at Sep 12, 2007,
Quote by jesus-squared
Much Much better guitars for that price IMO...

really? like what? something with a shi*ty edge 3 trem? thats an amazing guitar for the price. great neck, great body, great pickups. its like the gibson for the person that preferes the feel of the fender.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
really? like what? something with a shi*ty edge 3 trem? thats an amazing guitar for the price. great neck, great body, great pickups. its like the gibson for the person that preferes the feel of the fender.

gibson doesnt offer a synched trem with 24 frets though
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
gibson doesnt offer a synched trem with 24 frets though

i know, i meant its for people who like that gibson humbucker sound with the maple top, but like the feel of a fender neck. that the impression i got when i played it.
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
he wants a trem, just not a FR
My Gear:
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
i know, i meant its for people who like that gibson humbucker sound with the maple top, but like the feel of a fender neck. that the impression i got when i played it.

yes, i also prefer the feel of a fender neck over gibson, i have no idea why though.
I absolutely love tele necks, its like sex with wood on your hands, lol
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
The only thing i would change about that guitar is putting in an LSR roller nut if it had that i would probably buy it this instant.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by kool98769
Like what? a superstrat with 24 frets, and a non fr trem is what ive always wanted....

Hmm Well now that you mention the Non FR trem I really can't think of anything
Cancer.
The Showmaster I played had a great finish, great feel, and great sound. I'd say they're worth the money.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
My guitar has the same pickups and they're great. why do you all want to change the stock pickups? This guitar has a basswood body and i've always associated basswood with lower end guitars. This guitar also has a flame ash top version wich is the most beatifull in my opinion from the showmaster series.
Quote by superbadboy2
My guitar has the same pickups and they're great. why do you all want to change the stock pickups? This guitar has a basswood body and i've always associated basswood with lower end guitars. This guitar also has a flame ash top version wich is the most beatifull in my opinion from the showmaster series.

the ibanez jem is like 2000 dollars and has basswood
every wood has its strengths and weaknesses. From what i hear, basswood doesnt sound too different from alder though. I wouldnt change the pickups right away, but, simply put, there is better fish in the sea
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
the ibanez jem is like 2000 dollars and has basswood
every wood has its strengths and weaknesses. From what i hear, basswood doesnt sound too different from alder though. I wouldnt change the pickups right away, but, simply put, there is better fish in the sea

It depends which JEM you're talking about. The 7VWH is Alder, so is Steve's "Evo", the 77DBK is Basswood, so is the Universe.
Quote by ssguitarhero111
It's made in mexico. That's why it's cheap.

Actually, those are Korean afaik. I know a shop here has the S-S-S version and it's a Korean guitar. But they are excellent guitars. Sounds good, plays nice, and looks cool. If you like it, go for it! and I think its hard to say there are many better guitars for $630 dollars. That is a lot of guitar for your money.
ibanez SA series
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD