Hey there guys I'm new on this forum and I have a question about what amp should I get. Right now I have a Spider III 30w. Im looking for something with wide variety of sound: form Pink Floyd through Metallica to Children Of Bodom What would you suppose for me to get??
Save up, a lot, if you need something versatile as you describe, you won't get it with 300 bucks, the closest thing to what you ask for is the Vox AD30VT, save up another 200 bucks,then looks for a good used combo on Ebay or something
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
look used. better deals. the real amps you would like are around 400-500 used. peavey valveking, palominos, classic 30's
I need to say that i have a POD Xt so I just need a cool combo or a small stack :P I was thinking about the Marshall Mini Stack but I'm not sure if its worth $200-$300 bucks for it...
Quote by timzee117
fender fm 212r <3 250

Not a versatile amp at all.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
So any suggestions?!?! I mostly want to get a Metallica (heavy metal) sound. I can look for some used ones too. Help plz !
"Its not how many years you are playing its how many hours"
If you aren't gigging a 5 watt tube combo and a distortion pedal. $200. Microcube $125. Look used for an old tube combo. For that money you will have to get your versitility from pedals. A used Valveking would do everything up to Metallica. Not modern metal.
a 30w vox valve, that what i got, its was like 250ish and its damn good to, quite loud to, good for classic rock and other rock and roll, its alright for metal, good effects to, the only one that sucks is the wah, but there are 11 effects, rotary speakers, flanger, phaser, delay, all that stuff, and a bunch of really good preset settings, liek mordern rock, uk 70s, uk 80s, and some nice cleans.
Save up some money.

Going from one practice amp to another isn't really all that conducive to being practical .

Maybe save up for a Roland Cube 60?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
What about some Marshall or Line 6 ones?? Which one would you reccomend form them and again i just want an amp for home practice...
Quote by Hamer098
I need to say that i have a POD Xt so I just need a cool combo or a small stack :P I was thinking about the Marshall Mini Stack but I'm not sure if its worth $200-$300 bucks for it...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tech-21-Power-Engine-60?sku=600454

EDIT: for the podxt
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
I'd recommend one of the Peavey Windsor's.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by forsaknazrael
But you have an amp for home practice...the Line 6 Spider III...

Well im playing just for my pleasure and i don't think about gigging yet
Quote by Hamer098
Well im playing just for my pleasure and i don't think about gigging yet

In that case, save the money you have and when you do finally need to upgrade, you'll be able to get something that's worth it.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
If you spend $300 on a new practice amp, your probably going to regret it. Sell your spider. Your multi effects already has amp modelling ,so why do you need a modelling amp? Sell it for something like $100. Or whatever you can get for it.

I'd say look at:
Peavey Valveking 112 combo
Randall RG75G3 combo
Tech 21 power engine 60

Or, if you sell your pod, you can get an even better amp, or some multi effects. It's really up to you though.
How much are those atomic reactor amps? They're designed for modellers, and all tube AFAIK.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

Quote by forsaknazrael
By the way, 'ello fellow San Diegan.

Which part of SD are you from?? I live in Del Mar