So I sanded my Les Paul down to the wood and plan on just doing a clear coat on it for the natural wood look. My friend did the vinyl sealer and then some layers of the clear Nitro gloss. I then went to work on wet sanding it to get rid of any of the grain marks. While I was sanding I guess I got a little to far down on the coats and started to hit the last layer of the clear/bare wood. Now I have a white rough film as you can see in the pic.

Question is....will this go away once I start adding more layers of laquer again? Or do I have to restrip the whole thing down to the wood and start over?

Well I've never done this before, but if you think logically about it, if you went to far down and hit that layer. You're screwed. You're going to have to sand down to that layer on the whole thing and restain it to it's all even colored.
yeah sand it over and do the whole staining again so it looks even
I did not stain it at all. Basically just sanded off the original alpine white paint down to the wood, and just want to do a clear nitro coating.

Yeah..I have a feeling it would be best to just re-strip it. Such a PITA though.
Don't listen to these guys. The "white rough film" is actually the real wood. The darker colored stuff is the sealer.

If you want you can spray another layer of sealer to make that darker colored again. Or you can go ahead and spray nitro right onto it right now if you want. you will have to spray more layers on though becuase since you sanded to wood there, it'll show some wood grain dents in the lacquer. a lot of layers of clear coat + sanding out the lacquer until smooth again, and you're good to go.

If you want to dye the body, then you HAVE to use an alcohol based dye, because a water based dye won't work on a finish (sealer) it'll just bead up and it won't enter the finish.

But yeah, your fine. Just spray some extra layers of finish on the body then normal and sand it down the make hte finish smooth. There's no need to sand down all the way, thats just a waste of time.
sorry to hijack ... but is there someting less... tiring for removing the sealer than sanding??
Quote by Nick111111111
Am i missing some thing
car speaker=12 watts
outlet=120 watts
?????????????????

laws of phisics down the dump....... volts and watts are the same
Well, if you ready my post, this guy won't have to remove any sealer, and he'd be fine going straight into the next step, or spraying another coat of sealer if he so wished.

If t his is irrelated to the original topic at hand then no. I haven't really found a fast easier way to doing it. Random orbital palm sanders though get the job done very fast and efficiently, and doesn't take al ot of time. Regulat palm sanders take more time. block sanding will take ages. At this stage there isn't really a lot you can do to remove the finish fast without ruining the wood, or causing at least some blemishing in the wood.