is it just me or do people get hung up about tubes? like i prefered playing an AVT than a dsl... simply of loudness as i couldnt even here the tube drive. what do you guys reckon do you think tube amps are talked up to much?
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
Play more gigs where you can crank things .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
nothing like a cranked tube amp. cant say the same about a solid state amp
tubes are just better. maybe not at lower volumes but at gig level theyre unbeatable.i dont think everyone and their grandma would use them if they weren't the cat's pajamas.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by s.r.v.
nothing like a cranked tube amp. cant say the same about a solid state amp

mhmmmm
Quote by jpgilbert701
tubes are just better. maybe not at lower volumes but at gig level theyre unbeatable.i dont think everyone and their grandma would use them if they weren't the cat's pajamas.

yeah...

Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
So, how many more touring musicians use AVT's than those that use DSL's?

If you like your AVT, cool, good for you. It's all preference, but there have been a majority of great musicians that stuck with their tube amps. There's gotta be a reason for that.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by jpgilbert701
tubes are just better. maybe not at lower volumes but at gig level theyre unbeatable.i dont think everyone and their mother would use them if they weren't the cat's meow.

I think that's how it's supposed to be

On topic, have you ever cranked that AVT? Bet you all my gear, crappy as it is, that it sounds like shit. The DSL, on the other hand, will sound better. Tube amps don't really show their awesomeness until they're turned up.
Didint Dime use a solid state amp? People say hes a god at guitar and he doesnt use a Mr Tube!
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
^ and dime's tone sucked
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
Quote by Down Shifter
Didint Dime use a solid state amp? People say hes a god at guitar and he doesnt use a Mr Tube!

Sure, Dime, Mustaine, and a handful of other guys used SS amps, and some still do. But compare them to the amount of guys that use tubers.

Vai, Petrucci, and Satch. Enough said.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

If any amps rocks for you, then it's a good amp. No one else can tell you how you're supposed to sound. BB King has been using solid states for several decades now and I don't hear anyone complaining.
I personally am a big fan of the powerblock. I'll still take a good tube amp over it.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
heres a test, if a Guitar Center has a Vox Ac30 available go play through it! then...unplug from it and run over to a amp modeller that has a VocAc30 model, or just a solid state crate or something(guitar center seems to carry alot of crate amps) then just compare.
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
I personally am a big fan of the powerblock. I'll still take a good tube amp over it.

It's great for cool modelling efx, or as a pa for a small gig, or monitors. As a guitar amp, I fend it decent, reacts very well towards your volume control, and you can achieve clean and distorted sounds with your volume knob. Tone is kinda brittle, maybe ACDC is best for it, but pretty much has lack luster tone.

But for less than $90, it's a better deal than an mg.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12