so its really messing with me. ive tried to figure it out for the past hour or so. how do you log in as a local administrator?

if someoen can help me (step by step) because ive tried following directions on another site that i googled...and apparently im a total idiot because i cant seem to fig it out
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
^ so you cant help me? lol
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
i also use vista but dont like it. im not 100% sure but like on XP i think you can start your computer up on safe mode to log in as local administator. When starting up computer press F10 to go into safe mode.
Quote by Shea Donoghue

Then, about two minutes later of just plowing, I can feel it coming. She's still moaning and rolling back, and then I pull out. I grab her by her hair, pull her head up, and yell out:
"BOOM, HEADSHOT!"
I've said this many times.

In about a month. Everyone will be bowing down to the Vista owners. (After SP2) Wait it out a month or two and the problems are all probably going to be fixed. XP had the exact same problems as Vista when it first came out, and it got the same reaction and people were saying to go back to 98 Look how much better XP is to 98. The same is going to happen with Vista and XP, and so on.

But I have no idea how to log on as Admin on Vista as I am not getting it till SP2. But just everyone bashing it pisses me off because all the other OS's before had the exact same problems.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Lol just to make it seem worse, I love Vista
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
Quote by Dimebag22
I've said this many times.

In about a month. Everyone will be bowing down to the Vista owners. (After SP2) Wait it out a month or two and the problems are all probably going to be fixed. XP had the exact same problems as Vista when it first came out, and it got the same reaction and people were saying to go back to 98 Look how much better XP is to 98. The same is going to happen with Vista and XP, and so on.

But I have no idea how to log on as Admin on Vista as I am not getting it till SP2. But just everyone bashing it pisses me off because all the other OS's before had the exact same problems.

very true, microsoft are lazy bastards and are not doing the testing them selves (thts why there are so many problems), were doin the testing instead :/

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Quote by ssguitar
so its really messing with me. ive tried to figure it out for the past hour or so. how do you log in as a local administrator?

if someoen can help me (step by step) because ive tried following directions on another site that i googled...and apparently im a total idiot because i cant seem to fig it out

i remember something about the local administrator account bein disabled for the reason of idiots :P lol.. all you have to do it turn it on.. but if you just freashly installed vista you should be admin anyway
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
My parents had this problem with their computer a while back. I'm not sure how they solved it, but I would try the suggestion about trying to get into safe mode. I'm not sure if it will work or not, since I don't use Vista (I'm only using Win XP at the moment because I can't be bothered installing Fedora Core on this PC only to have to do it again on another in a few months).

And, for the record: Linux > Windows
Vista hates you too.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

i pretty much avoided all the faults of vista by buying a brand new Dell with it installed correctly. works flawlessly *knock on wood*
<('.'< ^('.')^ (>'.')>
I love Vista. It's worked beautifully ever since the day I got it (along my with new laptop).

By far the best Windows.
Vista is the greatest, man.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
how to fix anything in vista (or any windows): replace with linux
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Fernandes Dragonfly
Peavey Valveking 112

If I could write off your murder, I'd save all of my receipts,
because I'd rather you be dead, than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year - Dethklok
Ah, he wants help not some OS X and Linux fan boys telling him to switch OS's.

TS: I found this site with some Step-By-Step instructions. http://www.realtime-vista.com/administration/2007/03/logon_as_local_admin.htm
Hope it helps
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Vista fails. It's XP with a skin that takes up double the amount of memory.
Gear

Fender Stratocaster in Red.

It's all I need.

The Anti-Anti-Ibanez Militia!
Quote by Dudage
Os X Ftw!

Agreed. It is so good....I just plugged it in and there's absolutely no worries. The only thing is that the firewall is defaulted to off.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.