im sitting here trying to not get distracted from my psychology homework and then i started to wonder how some gibson dirty fingers would sound on my epiphone sheraton...
should i buy some dirty fingers for my epip...keep in mind that its a semi-hollow...ive herd of a guy that put some on there and said they were amazing...im afraid it might not sound good on a hollow...but im tempted because from what i hear about the dirty fingers they're amazing and the humbuckers it came with just dont give me that sharp clean kinda tone i want when i play blues,hard rock,acid rock and so one.

so should i...
^ well arent dirty fingers hi gain pickups. and hi gain pups dont work well with hollow/semi-hollow guitars. alot of feedback
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Honestly, I never would have thought of putting a pickup like that in a semi-hollow until I saw the TD sig, but then again, semi-hollows can actually put up with a lot more distortion than a lot of people think.
i have an ibanez artcore simi hollow and it can handle higain well(doesnt sound the best, but it handles it)

now...a Gretsch!(full hollow bodied one), stick that in a higain amp and the feedback is very painful! bought a Gretsch long ago and at the time all i had was a Marshall TSL, and unless i stood 15 feet away it screached with horrid feedback, the kind Kurt Cobain wouldnt screw around with!
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
i would put a bit higher gain pups in it...but not sure which. (ie. BB King <did he change his pups in lucille?)
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I wouldn't waste money on a Gibson pickup, get a seymour duncan or bare knuckle or dimarzio or bulldog or GFS.. Anything but an overpriced Gibson dirty fingers...

BKP's cost twice as much as a dirty fingers, and bulldog's are close to that price as well.

I have a set of BKP warpigs, and I honestly think that it wasn't worth $400, although the mules are nice.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I would rather pay double for BKP or Bulldog because they are pickup companys who only do that and make extremely good pickups.

Gibson are a guitar company, they make good guitars, their pickups are not the greatest and are pretty expensive.

All personal preferance I guess but I'm sure even with just Seymour Drunkens you could find a better pickup for at least the same price as the Gibson one.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
I would rather pay double for BKP or Bulldog because they are pickup companys who only do that and make extremely good pickups.

Gibson are a guitar company, they make good guitars, their pickups are not the greatest and are pretty expensive.

All personal preferance I guess but I'm sure even with just Seymour Drunkens you could find a better pickup for at least the same price as the Gibson one.

There's a big price gap in between $200 and $400. I agree that BKPs are a great pickup company, however, the dirty fingers pickups are decent for the price, I have a set in my LP. It's hard to justify spending an extra $200 for most people, When you could just put it towards a better amp or something. In my experience a pickup of medium quality with a great amp will sound amazing, and not much more difference with a more expensive pickup set. The SD HR set that I have sounds almost as sweet as my BKP's when using the Bassman in my music store. A Hotrodded SD set would be a great pickup set to play with.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Sep 13, 2007,