is this normal for a tube amp in a smaller room? i have a Peavey Classic 50 and anything under 3 is do-able hearing wise, but anything over 3 and it sounds extremely loud and boxy. is that just bad acoustics? or is that how tube amps sound in smaller spaces.
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...
might be just the acoustic of the place, tube amps tend to sound really loud after a certain point in the volume
They get louder until about 6 , then their sound get's more overdriven and warm.

Probably just the acoustics of the room.

Have you checked that your cable is plugged in the right way?

Eric Johnson says that sometimes if your getting a really crappy signal either too thin or too loud and boxy ,it's because of the polarity of your cable... is messing with the signal. Reversing which one is plugged into your guitar and which one into your amp does the trick.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Last edited by Alex The Red at Sep 13, 2007,
Its probably the size of your room, my amp sounds much different (and better) in a big room than it does in a bedroom
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Well, a classic 50 is definitely a gigging amp, not a practice amp... It won't sound its best in your bedroom. I'm not sure about it sounding "boxy" though...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
thanks, i moved it to the living room and well...not saying it sounds thin now, but it sounds like the sound has more room to travel lol. thanks for the help.
http://www.myspace.com/wolfblackblues
Sometimes i walk outside and stare at the Sun and sigh at its massive beauty, a Glowing Beacon of Light. Then i begin to see spots...My Eyes Burn, Retinas begin to become Torched!....Sometimes i Hate the Sun...