Quote by Skullmage4
I want to write a song for this girl I really like to tell her how I feel about her, but I don't know where to start. Any help?

First of all think . Is she worth it??.if yes follow these steps

1.What do you think of her---------------------------------------->Verse1
2. Write a chorus which says "I love u , like u or whatever Alot!!
3.Imagine what would it feel like to be with her.------------->verse 2
4.Repeat step 2
5.Write how u want her to never leave you-------------------->verse3 or bridge
Hi
and if you're concerned at all with the obvious chance of cliche.... then i'd suggest turning some of those feelings into similes and metaphors.
Quote by bassbeat77
and if you're concerned at all with the obvious chance of cliche.... then i'd suggest turning some of those feelings into similes and metaphors.

Eh, not the greatest advice, because these similies/metaphors will be cliche themselves.

I'd recommend not writing about a girl, in all honesty, haha. It's something I've pretty much moved away from. A girl doesn't need a song written about her, you can play songs for a girl that aren't love songs, and she'll be just as impressed/flattered.
Quote by Retribution
Eh, not the greatest advice, because these similies/metaphors will be cliche themselves.

That's part of what separates the good writers from the bad writers. If you just straight out say how you feel about the girl then you're garaunteed that it'll be cliche, but using similes/metaphors at least gives you the option of avoiding that.

Quote by Retribution
I'd recommend not writing about a girl, in all honesty, haha. It's something I've pretty much moved away from. A girl doesn't need a song written about her, you can play songs for a girl that aren't love songs, and she'll be just as impressed/flattered.

I completely agree with this... and in a lot of cases it could just be completely embarassing for them anyways.
Here is my situation. About six months ago I asked a girl out and she said no. We became really good friends though. Now, a while later, she likes me, and I really want to write her a love song, and ask her out, but I don't know how. I can play the guitar, piano, and I sing. If anyone has any tips, suggestions, riffs, or lyric ideas, i'd really appreciate it.
Quote by redbull706
Here is my situation. About six months ago I asked a girl out and she said no. We became really good friends though. Now, a while later, she likes me, and I really want to write her a love song, and ask her out, but I don't know how. I can play the guitar, piano, and I sing. If anyone has any tips, suggestions, riffs, or lyric ideas, i'd really appreciate it.

What's wrong with u people . I am the worst person to give a relationship advise but
what are u guys trying to pull of . Do you want to prove that you are Romeo or something .I'll tell u what will happen when you'll sing her the song and you'll say something stupid like"I wrote a song for you.Do you wanna hear it?".

Here's what can happen

1. She will say "yes" for formality but her thoughts will be like "OMG! He's obssesed with me . PSYCHO! PSYCHO! PSYCHO! Alert"

2. She will laugh at you and you'll be traumatized for ur whole life

2. If she really enjoys it.Either she is faking it or she's too desperate.

Instead do what retribution has said.

By the way . if u still want to write . I have a list of steps in my above post
Hi
Quote by bassbeat77
That's part of what separates the good writers from the bad writers. If you just straight out say how you feel about the girl then you're garaunteed that it'll be cliche, but using similes/metaphors at least gives you the option of avoiding that.

Are you kidding me? Do you honestly think that I don't know that? Like, come on... you know me.

I'm saying that just because you use similes and metaphors DOESN'T MEAN those similes and metaphors aren't cliche themselves.

"Your eyes like the ocean" or whatever.

Cliches don't come in bland form only, they also come in all sorts of literary techniques.

I'd also like to say that, while part of what seperates good writers from bad writers, it really isn't all that much. What I think REALLY seperates them is their subject matter, in terms of originality, and how they present it. Love songs are, let's face it, overdone.
Quote by abhishek21
What's wrong with u people . I am the worst person to give a relationship advise but
what are u guys trying to pull of . Do you want to prove that you are Romeo or something .I'll tell u what will happen when you'll sing her the song and you'll say something stupid like"I wrote a song for you.Do you wanna hear it?".

Here's what can happen

1. She will say "yes" for formality but her thoughts will be like "OMG! He's obssesed with me . PSYCHO! PSYCHO! PSYCHO! Alert"

2. She will laugh at you and you'll be traumatized for ur whole life

2. If she really enjoys it.Either she is faking it or she's too desperate.

Instead do what retribution has said.

By the way . if u still want to write . I have a list of steps in my above post

Agreed with all of this.

Love songs, when you're not with already with a girl at least, are kind of creepy.
Quote by Retribution
Are you kidding me? Do you honestly think that I don't know that? Like, come on... you know me.

I'm saying that just because you use similes and metaphors DOESN'T MEAN those similes and metaphors aren't cliche themselves.

"Your eyes like the ocean" or whatever.

Cliches don't come in bland form only, they also come in all sorts of literary techniques.

I'd also like to say that, while part of what seperates good writers from bad writers, it really isn't all that much. What I think REALLY seperates them is their subject matter, in terms of originality, and how they present it. Love songs are, let's face it, overdone.

Touchee!

I wasn't implying that I didn't think you knew that, but at the same time I didn't only write that for your benefit. So yes I know you know that, but I don't know if everyone else does, considering a lot of the people who would be benefitting from this thread are probably newer writers.

And as for your last statement... I agree that subject matter is key, but I think that subject matter and ones choice/use of metaphors go hand in hand.

And trust me... I would NEVER encourage someone to write a love song, but hey... the guy asked.
if u dont wanna write a song take a love song and play it too her and dont tell her it is about her just play it and sing and she will like that and be impressed by that, pick th right song though wonderful tonight is a sure fire one to play depends n what kinda girl she is
If you wanna avoid cliches...but everything you are writing seems like one...an instrumental is the way to go...and dont tell her its for her untill she says that she likes it...if she says nothing or that she doesnt like it...back to the drawing board (sucks to be you, then)
Good luck though
plus the fact that someone would take the time to write you a song is flattering enough..and if she asks why there are no words..."There are no words on this earth that can describe your beauty..."

But what do I know?