K guys,i have a problem.And that problem my friends,is choosing the right fender.I play funk rock,bands like Red Hot Chilli Peppers,and slightly metal songs from bands like Sum41.I need a fender that can get a mostly concentrated funk rock sound,and the ability to be tuned into a metal sound like the typical ibanez guitar.Someone introduced the Mexican Fat HSS strat. And another one,the Mexican SSS strat.I hope that you guys will help me and introduce fenders to me that can reach the requirements.Oh yeah,one more thing,the guitar must be below a thousand SGD!! thanks
all mexican strats are fat strats? but if so,which? theres the american one,the mexican HSS and the mexican SSS...so which?
I say get a SSS strat. I have an SSS american strat, and ehhhhh... to me having a humbucker just ruins the looks of a strat. plus you can always get a stacked humbucker that will fit in a single coil hole
Quote by Garret.
Depends on how furiously I'm masturbating

Quote by metacarpi
I get paid on the 25th.

Is a bag full of pennies an acceptable method of payment?

The bag will of course, have SWAG written on it

Wynaut of the Pokemon club.
how about the american HSS? i really don't mind the looks of the humbucker..and if it means that i can get the slight metal sound,i won't mind getting one..the american HSS paint job is stunning..
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Sep 13, 2007,
First of all, Sum 41 is NOT metal. Just had to get that off my chest. And the difference between the MIM and MIA HSS are just the quality, hardware and quality control. For your budget and requirements, your best bet would be a MIM HSS Strat with a pickup swap if you don't fancy the stock ones. Go over to Swee Lee and see whether they have any in stock and test them out first. MIM Strats are a hit and miss. You could either get a great MIM Strat or a lemon. Cheers.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
and MIM means mexican i don't suppose? and yes,i would do just that and drop by swee lee...tho the customer service isn't the best...some are even mean..oh well,so the Mexican HSS it is? and are you from singapore? do you know the SGD price of the Mexican HSS?
i'm malaysian dude, i'm not too sure about the pricing. Just give them a call and check out the prices. Go there and try out the MIM(yea, mexico) HSS and SSS. See which one you like better, and go with that. And also, you need a good amp, so you better start looking out for some amps too. Most of your tone will be from the amp.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
k,what if i get the HSS...wait...the HSS is better for funk right? or is the SSS better for funk? so ok,what if i get the guitar that is better for funk and get a rock amp? how about a cube?
HSS better if you want to play heavier songs once in a while, SSS better for all out funk. I have a cube, its not so good for funk, but more geared towards hard rock/metal. The Vox Valvetronic would be a better choice in this case.

Dude, there really isnt a point of having two of the same threads you know. Choose one, and stick with it. Post on the other thread you made, leave this thread.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30