[This is a spinoff from the thread, "How do u wear it?"]

Where do you cradle your guitar?

Your left thigh? or your right?

Only one way I can play mine and it's on the left thigh where the cord hangs between my legs. Like a concerto player with the neck up.

The question is aimed at right handed players but left handed players welcome and express so.
I use my right thigh, because I have no classical training at all, so using the left feels awkward and uncomfortable.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
it depends. playing in the classical position puts a lot of strain on your back, so im currently trying to get used to playing with it on my right... i can play this way for a lot longer than i can in the classical position. with it on my left my back just starts to hurt too much after a while and i have to stop playing, which i find disturbing, as its easier to play with it on my left... frets are easier to reach.
I use my right...never thought about the left 'coz it feels very, very weird and uncomfortable to play.
Right thigh coz it feels comfortable and I can't slack off. No classical training so ye
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
I sue both but for this reason. If tis on my right thigh then my picking arm gets sore in that position. If its on my left thigh then my leg will get pins and needles. So i just swap occasionally.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
I used to do right-thigh, but i changed to left a few months ago. My back ached a bit for the first few weeks (as someone mentioned before) but your muscles get used to it. I find it's more comfortable for the strumming/picking arm AND allows for better upper-fret access, especially on bolt-ons. Plus i wanna get a flying-V at some stage and you can only play them in classical position.
i also changed from right to left, and i usually have my left foot on a little box or something, makes it even better.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
classical position here,and i had no classical training either but it felt more comfortable so i kept on with it!
Right thigh, with strap, so when I'm on the computer maybe, I just let it hang down ha
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
I have a Rhoads V, so I have to use my left. I was planning on getting a Randy V a few years ago and I knew it was impossible to play with it on my right so I started training myself to play on my left. Now playing on the right thigh is just too awkward. I also have my left foot resting on something that's higher than my right foot so that my left thigh is elevated, helping me prop up the guitar.
i don't even know how i hold it when i'm sitting down. i just play it wherever is comfortable and that varies from guitar to guitar.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Nearly always classical position: it gives better fret access; better hand positioning and feels much more similar to playing standing up. Since I started playing in the classical position my standing up playing is basically at the same level as sitting whereas it used to be much worse.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Right thigh, cause for my heavier guitars like Les Pauls it's just more comfortable. With less heavy guitars i.e. shred type guitars then it's not as necessary to use my left thigh to reach the frets because they already have good fret access and 24 rather than 22.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by TSelman
Right thigh, with strap, so when I'm on the computer maybe, I just let it hang down ha

+1
Left. It makes way easier to access the higher frets.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Alijonroth
classical position here,and i had no classical training either but it felt more comfortable so i kept on with it!

same here!
left, because i am mainly playing classical lately

i also pull out my footrest for my left foot that i made of legos!
www.myspace.com/hijackedtheband
usually classical position. if i'm feeling very lazy/inebriated i might play in casual position for a little bit but i usually end up switching back.
It sits on my left. My guitar feels so out-of-control when I use my right leg. I just use my right light to stabilize the bottom of the body.
definitely left...when I started playing 3 years ago everyone said "right thigh right thigh" but I have always used my left because it's more comfortable for me and then some of my friends saw me playing like that and they're like "wtf is that?" and now one of them does it because I told them it has easier fret access and better strum position(at least in my opinion.
Epiphone LP
Johnson Strat Copy(first guitar)
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experiance pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff
I almost never sit down to play guitar, standing up is way more comfortable, but when I do, it sits on my right thigh.
Quote by AluminumOxide
Cobain killed himself before he learned to play guitar.

Gibson SG Special
Schecter C1-Plus
i used to play classical guitar

i then changed to the right thigh, now i've gone back to my left

the trick is to get a guitar footstool to raise your left leg up - this will make it more comfortable
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ran Custom Invader

Maxon OD9 Pro+
ISP Decimator
Diago Powerstation

Marshall TSL60
Marshall 1960A cab

www.myspace.com/samtewari
I can only play it on my left thigh. Having played classical guitar for 8 years, it's completely impossible for me to play it on the right ^^'
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
classical postion for most finger picking and lead playing, right thigh for metal and rock, especially stuff with a chug rythm or pedal notes and i find it easier to get the proper picking hand position
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I use my right thigh.......only retarded shredderds or mostly fat people use their left.
Quote by DieKrupps
I use my right thigh.......only retarded shredderds or mostly fat people use their left.

With that I believe you earn the 'idiot of the month award' considering that guitar started while using the left thigh... *slaps forehead*
Quote by PanHead
[This is a spinoff from the thread, "How do u wear it?"]

Where do you cradle your guitar?

Your left thigh? or your right?

Only one way I can play mine and it's on the left thigh where the cord hangs between my legs. Like a concerto player with the neck up.

The question is aimed at right handed players but left handed players welcome and express so.

i get real bad cramp in my left arm if i play on my right leg.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
I move it around a bit, but usually on my right leg (I usually got my legs crossed with the right one over the left).