Umm... You turn the knobs.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Tune each string down half a step.

Or maybe it's a step....man, I'm tired. I have no idea.
It's a half step down. It's the same as Eb tuning.

Quote by Jack Off Jill

. That made me crack up.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
ok, there is an easier way to understand this.

let me put it this way: in stead of D# G# C# F# A# D# (low to high) lets try Eb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb

so instead of sharp, its now flat, but still is the same note value (theory, look it up if you dont believe me) so does it now look familiar? its standard a half step down. what you want to do is get a digital tuner and press the flat (b) button once. then tune just like you would in standard.

if you do not have a digital tuner then tune it by ear. if you usually tune by ear you know what frets to hold. standard you would tune the 1st string (high E) by holding the 2nd string at the 5th fret and matching the notes by ear. instead use the 4th fret (half step down) so, let me try to break it down like this:

tune high E string: 2nd string, 4th fret
B string: 3rd string, 3rd fret
G string: 4th string, 4th fret
D string: 5th string, 4th fret
A string: 6th string, 4th fret
low E string: hold at 5th fret. play A string, match the note.

i hope i explained it well enough for you. good luck. (and i pray to god that you have a digital tuner, cause im not 100% sure if thats the correct way to tune by ear with this tuning)
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Just hold down the 6th fret on the low E string and tune it down so it sounds like the A string.....now your E string has become a D#

now tune the rest of the strings normally as you wouildve done
what are you talking about, he's gotta buy a new guitar for a new tuning

Leader of The Mighty Powermetal Brethren. PM me to join.

ALL HAIL DYSTOPIA!!!

Angry Mob
Quote by Jack Off Jill

That's what she said!

oh god I'm all out of humour!!
^ that was terrible

I read the title for this thread and thought "turn the knobs", but i was too late
Hello
If you try to do this without first being John Pettruccui you WILL die.
/thread
I never pass solids, but then again my pee is very thick.
Quote by Vincent745
Quote by grayfox1001
Quote by Vincent745
Your being too opinionated
is that even possible?
Yes it is..
Wow, this thread sure is interesting

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong forum for tuning talk

*reported*
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!