Page 1 of 2
I dunno about you guys but lately I've been watching the BBC a lot and I think it's great. I can't seem to find what I like about it so much. I think my favorite things are anything involving Gordon Ramsay. He's ****ing great. So what about you guys? Ever watch any of this stuff? I'm actually watching right now, and kinda popped into my head, "Hmm. Wonder what everyone in the Pit thinks about this." So yeah, have at it then. Cheers!
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
0.o

I hate British television. Okay, there are some good things on every now and again, but lately there's becoming less and less that interests me. They should start showing Sharpe on ITV or something. That'd get me to turn the TV back on... Well, I watch the news and (le gasp) Midsomer Murders on a Friday evening xD
I like BBC. It has some good stuff on, especially comedy. Tonight's Mock The Week, Saxondale and The Mitchell and Webb Look (although the last is a repeat).

Out of interest, how do you watch it?
Yeah, I should've mentioned I'm an American. I have the BBC on my satellite, I've got Dish and I guess it's just there. Unfortunately the BBC is all I have that I know of, but I'd really like to get some more channels if it were possible.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Yeah, but Doctor Who isn't back on yet

^ - Try finding ITV and Channel 4. There's occasionally some good stuff on. Like The Insider on Channel 4. That can be really interesting at times.
ITV news is my fave news along with channel 4.

Kinda sucks about them scrapping the local news.. well, making it a much larger catchment area. (ITV)
I wonder if I'd already be subscribed to those channels or not? Kinda difficult to find anything with all the channels on there. I don't even hardly watch but like 20 out of 600 channels >_<
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
As an Irishman I find it hard to praise England for much But I think the BBC makes more good programs than any other station, generally they have the best comedies, the best science and nature documentaries, political programs, investigative journalism etc.
Panorama and Horizon are second to none (even though having two things second to none is something of a contradiction).
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Quote by bart munch
As an Irishman I find it hard to praise England for much

Heh... As an Englishman I have difficulty sometimes

Then again...my ancestors were Irish...does that stay in the genes? xD
I love the BBC, even if they do spend most of our TV licence fees making their website good (but to be fair, it's the best news 'site). Doctor Who, Panorama, science documentaries, CBBC ( ) etc. FTW
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Denthúl
Heh... As an Englishman I have difficulty sometimes

Then again...my ancestors were Irish...does that stay in the genes? xD

Yup. It's our long term plan for global domination, shhh, wait for the signal to rise up, but don't let on till then.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
BBC's awesome. Dr Who and Top Gear will be back on in a few months, the new series of The Mighty Boosh (BBC3) in November and Flight of the Conchords in about 2 weeks (BBC4).
Being in England, I watch British TV most of the time. BBC has the best comedy, Channel 4 the best documentaries and ITV is good for nothing except when it shows Pocoyo and Jeeves & Wooster. But I like it well enough.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
BBC's awesome. Dr Who and Top Gear will be back on in a few months, the new series of The Mighty Boosh (BBC3) in November and Flight of the Conchords in about 2 weeks (BBC4).

I LOVE Flight of the Conchords. I really really wish I could get these channels now I need to find a way.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
BBC and Ch4 all the way!

They both have loads of interesting documentaries and have the only news channels worth watching. Ch4 is renowned for broadcasting a lot of weird sh!t, but there are some good docu's on from time to time. Plus they have More4, and More4 is great.

I don't think I ever watch Itv or FIVE.
Mock The Week & The IT Crowd are pretty funny.
They're basically the only things i watch on TV (apart from the News sometimes)
o.O

EDIT: and Top Gear
Quote by radio_schizo
BBC and Ch4 all the way!

They both have loads of interesting documentaries and have the only news channels worth watching. Ch4 is renowned for broadcasting a lot of weird sh!t, but there are some good docu's on from time to time. Plus they have More4, and More4 is great.

I don't think I ever watch Itv or FIVE.

Urgh, Five. Let us not peak of it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
erm hello?never mind the buzzcocks?amazing show. simon arnstel ftw
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
ITV sucks except a bit of Coronation Street and Jeremy Kyle every now and then. BBC and Channel 4 have good documentaries and comedy shows. I'm also a big Hollyoaks fan, it's a fun show.
Quote by Sabu
ITV sucks except a bit of Coronation Street and Jeremy Kyle every now and then. BBC and Channel 4 have good documentaries and comedy shows. I'm also a big Hollyoaks fan, it's a fun show.

I hate that show with a passion. It seems that when an actors finished on Dream Team (on Sky One) they go on to that.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Channel 4 is great, More 4 is good on sunday nights, double bill of father ted and curb your enthusiasm.

Anyone remember when they used to show smutty movies every friday night on channel 5? Heh, those were the days lol.
TRANSFORMICE

Quote by tallicafan888
Channel 4 is great, More 4 is good on sunday nights, double bill of father ted and curb your enthusiasm.

Anyone remember when they used to show smutty movies every friday night on channel 5? Heh, those were the days lol.

I'm pretty sure it was Thursday night
Quote by Flemfloyd
I hate that show with a passion. It seems that when an actors finished on Dream Team (on Sky One) they go on to that.

i ****ing hate hollyoaks. tons of people in my school like it but i think its terrible. i hate skins even more, its just gay.

i watched hollyoaks twice, and both times (this was between a 7 month period) a girl walked into a room where everyone else was and said "oh my god! our drinks got spiked last night!" or something to that effect....my blood pressure rose.
Quote by BullonParade
i ****ing hate hollyoaks. tons of people in my school like it but i think its terrible. i hate skins even more, its just gay.

i watched hollyoaks twice, and both times (this was between a 7 month period) a girl walked into a room where everyone else was and said "oh my god! our drinks got spiked last night!" or something to that effect....my blood pressure rose.

I'll agree on Hollyoaks, but Skins is pretty legit. I don't watch much TV these days, but me and my uni mates used to sit in a friend's room and watch it every Thursday (I think it was)
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I only ever watch BBC1,2 and Channel 4.
Sometimes Five if they've got a decent movie or CSI or House on...

I love Skins though, its pretty surreal at times, sucks that Channel 4 are just repeating the first series at the moment.

ITV occasionally have good one-off dramas.

I want Top Gear, Torchwood and Doctor Who to be on again...
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Threadstarter, watch Mock the Week tonight on the BBC. It's by far the funniest program on TV at the minute In my opinion.

I hope it's better than last weeks. Wasn't very funny last week.
Quote by Denthúl
They should start showing Sharpe on ITV or something. That'd get me to turn the TV back on...

Dude its all about the ITV2 or 3 or 4 or something, there definitely still shown somewhere i watched it like a week ago!
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
BBC and channel 4 (though 4 is complete **** atm) are my favourite.

When is Shameless coming back? How comes they made a second series of ergh.. Skins before they made a new Shameless one?

Possibly a new brasseye special in the works though that will make channel 4 completely super excellent
I have to agree that there are soom good shows.

I have to say that RTE shows brilliant shows as well.

They have The Panel which has some of the best comedians of Ireland (including the guy who hosts Mock The Week). They show new series of Scrubs (though on at same time as Mock The Week which means I never watch it except during breaks). RTE gets Lost, Prison Break, CSI, Entourage, etc etc which seem to be shared between many British channels.

RTE gets all the best documentaries from the BBC as well as many excellent ones of their own. They seem to get many of the good comedies from USA and Britain. They have Father Ted repeats on regularly as well which is great.
Anyone else like Ideal with Johnny Vegas? I saw it for the 1st time on UK Gold last night, was pretty good. Cartoon Face is awesome, he shot some guy that looked like Devin Townsend in the head.
Mock The Week is really good. You should watch it. I'm also into The IT Crowd at the moment.
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
Oh yeah - best program ever = Peep Show.

Who agrees?

First Series, yes.

From then on its still brilliant but its not quite as great as some other stuff.
But its probably the best British comedy around at the moment.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
The IT crowd is seriously brilliant, I advise anyone to watch it.

"YOUR MY WIFE ROY! YOUR MY WIFE!"
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Peep Show first series, episode five is the greatest half hour of comedy I've ever seen. The one with the pissing in the desk then the tear gas.

Also the IT Crowd is pretty good. Not so keen on this series, especially after they killed Denham.
Page 1 of 2