Been a bassist for a good few years, and also play the drums, but recently been inspired to pick up an acoustic guitar, i like most people have a cheap 40 quid one, but was wondering what makes a good acoustic? what kind of money am i looking at and whats the difference between a cheap and expensive one, bear in mind i know nothing about the build of a guitar, also where's a good place to start learning? as i said i;m a bassist so i know a few scales etc. so should i just start by learning different chords etc? any advice would be great..

cheer in advance
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

figure it out yourself.. thats the best way to learn.. and no I don't mean to sound like a d*ck
What the hell were you thinking?

i duno lol. tihs r liek wen i traid drawn maiself n teh t0ilit.

ROFL.

EPICPHAIL.

gess i cant dai.
On the learning bit, allow me to shamelessly plug my website (siggy)
But yeah chords are always a good place to start, you could just learn like three or four chords, then you can learn a few songs you like and just pick up other chords along the way.
Hope I could help
Figure out the extreme basic chords (g, c, d, etc), then learn a few songs with them. As you progress in learning chords, then learn more songs.
A good acoustic is purely whatever you feel it is.
If its comfortable and sounds good, get it.
Keep in mind people like Johnny Cash and even Jack Black didn't always have brilliant acoustic guitars.
Cheers, yeah i'm not too botherred about buying a super expensive one, just not happy with the tone on mine, so yeah maybe i'll just go play a few in the shops... cheers for the advice
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

but was wondering what makes a good acoustic?

Type and quality of tonewood used (this has many sub categories: Wood used on top, back, sides, neck, fretboard, bridge)
Size, shape and material used for nut, saddle and bridge pins.
Quality and type of machine heads.
Quality craftsmanship.

The defining characteristic between a poor acoustic and a potentially good one is whether or not it has a solid top. If youre willing to spend enough, solid back and sides are another step up in sound quality. There are exceptions of course though.

figure it out yourself.. thats the best way to learn

I cant agree with this statement. One of the best ways to learn is by playing with other people. I would suggest playing with as many different players as possible.