So, I think there is something wrong with the computer [help needed]

Ok, well heres the thing
last night was the last time i used it 24 hours ago i turn it on today (I have Windows XP not vista) and if anybody knows that loading screen saying windows XP loading and it's got that blue bar that just goes across to load it. Well it just stays on that so i rebooted the computer manually and tried to make it use the last good configureation (Sp?) which was and option, it didnt work. so then i tried start windows normally, another option did same thing.
the only thing that works is safe mode which wont let the speakers work, let me play Counter Strike Source, listen to music.
I have gone into control panel and nothign i have tried works?

please help

thankyou for reading and help
Do you have the Windows XP CD? If so, boot up with that in the drive and try using the repair option. That's all I can really say (shows how good that two-year course I just finished at college was).
Quote by Denthúl
Do you have the Windows XP CD? If so, boot up with that in the drive and try using the repair option. That's all I can really say (shows how good that two-year course I just finished at college was).

ill tryi it anyway tommrow because i dont have much time left tongiht cas im going surfing and gotta be up at 5am and im going to watch TV soon

thanks for the idea BTW
try system restore while ur in safe mode it might work work for me when i had a prob
logging in through safe mode should actually make a difference.
What happened when you logged in through safe mode, restarted the machine then logged on normally? same things?
If the repair CD does not work, back up all of your stuff onto an external hard drive and just format it. Once you get past the pain of having to reconfigure your computer you will like the way it runs anyways.
Quote by ckellingc
puffycow, you rock

Quote by Krieg Commando
Puffycow, you've got mojo

touch me
perhaps while in safe mode virus check? and if you dont have a anti virus program I advise you get one I recommend avast(google it)
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
I agree with punk_metal2007. If the computer boots in safe mode it shows that the main components of windows are working. Its something else that's causing the problem. Did you install something recently/change anything? As punk_metal2007 said, try getting hold of an anti-virus and scan your computer in safe mode. Also get a spyware checker and run that as well, I recomend adaware. I've had this problem a couple of times for various reasons. You just have to single out the program that is stopping the machine from booting.
Quote by Metal_Injection
I got my first Orange today!!!! Its a Orange crush 15 watt with reverb, just a practice amp!! let me join!!!!

Quote by slatsmania
You can, but you have to sit at the kids' table for dinner.

Gibson LP + Orange Rocker 30
I'd just reinstall it, its not as if it takes long.

Unles you never thought of having your windows installation on a seperate partition so you'll lose everything <.<
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender