Howdy, just went to my local music shop and to my surprise, I discovered a second hand Maverick X1. I saw this guitar in a magazine ages ago and thought it looked awesome. I had a little muck about on it and everything seemed to be in check (bar a couple of little nicks in the paintwork). £250 was the price...did I just pass up a great opportunity?

Oh and also, I've heard that the volume and tone controls can't be replaced if they break...is this bs?
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Yeah you did cos Maverick just closed. although they can go for as little as £150 on ebay but thats always a risk.
My Gear:
Jackson RR3
Vox AVT30
Thanks nathhan. I've just got word that the shop has had the guitar for a while so hopefully it won't be sold anytime soon...I'll go back and buy it as soon as I've been paid. I'll contact the place and try to reserve it. Free hardcase!
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

Well if it hasnt been sold in a while - make sure you ask for there best price you can usually get around 10% off if you use your charms.
I would, but it's a local business so I'm not too bothered about paying the full price for it and also the guitar belongs to someone else but asked the guy who owns the shop to sell it for him.
Quote by bjoern_swe

get it.
maverick guitars are supposed to be really nice, but very niche. I'd love to own one though..
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350