Page 1 of 3
Anyone live by the straight edge life style? I just recently started it over the summer, and feel better than ever. Anyone happy to not drink or get high?
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
im straight edge
You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fucking khakis.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
I'm not. Like my beer.
45 days without my precious UG...
CURSE YOU LOLWUT PEAR!!!

Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army
I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, and quite happy about it :p

I'm not a vegetarian though
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
No I'm not. I don't see why you have to completely cut out something from your lives so suddenly. A few beers here and then isn't gonna do any harm. A spliff every fortnight isn't either. I don't see whats wrong with doing things in moderation.

...but fair enough it's your choice. It's the kids that abuse you for drinking that I can't stand.
I love my drink and drugs too much to give up... yeah, I'm weak and I love it
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
No alcohol, drugs or ciggies for me, but I don't consider myself straightedge. I could never be a vegetarian.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Quote by faqu

*ding dong*

Someone has a package for you
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
I like my beer to much to go straight edge and I could never go vegetarian, but I never do drugs anyway.
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join
SRV+Rory Gallagher>All

Quote by willpulman_172
powerslave756 speaks the truth.

nah. i cant do it. not that i want to stop anyway but im in 2 bands that drink and smoke a lot (the drugs have stopped strangely enough....i think we got bored of it and just stuck with booze) and hang about with lots of people who are similar...so i cant see me stopping till im dead at 32.
Quote by Stoner666
Straight edge is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

I'm SOBER.

Morons.

sober is about as close as I'll ever come to straight edge
Quote by Yakult
I love my drink and drugs too much to give up... yeah, I'm weak and I love it

I can see the headlines now "UG Loses the Yak-Man" :P

im straight edge, but not vegetarian. the main reason i am is because i want to combat the "Stoner Guitar Player" image that a lot of people cast onto me. so what if i have mediumish hair and play guitar? doesnt mean i smoke pot.
I don't drink, do drugs, smoke, or have promiscuous sex but I refuse to identify with the "sXe" community because I think it's childish to flaunt your choices. Sure, it could be healthier... but you could also be obese at the same time as "sXe." I just think stigmas and labels are a little out-grown these days.
Quote by AcsticRckr89
i dont drink, smoke, or do drugs... but im not a vegatrian... cuz i like dead animals

Lemme guess... you used Wiki? Straightedgers are COMMONLY vegetarian or vegan... not always.
i dont drink....cause im underage and i dont see the appeal of getting smashed anyway....it also tastes like **** to me....choc milk FTW!

and i dont do drugs cause i dont wanna end up with arms like john frusciante.

im so badass.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by radio_schizo
No I'm not. I don't see why you have to completely cut out something from your lives so suddenly. A few beers here and then isn't gonna do any harm. A spliff every fortnight isn't either. I don't see whats wrong with doing things in moderation.

...but fair enough it's your choice. It's the kids that abuse you for drinking that I can't stand.

QFT
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
I'm Straight Edge, but I definitely dont flaunt it like the guy above me said some people do. I dont tell people until they offer me alcohol or drugs. I also refrain from promiscuous sex.

And for Christ's sake, whats with all the people calling Straight Edge gay? Its a very idiotic thing to say. I could just as easily say your gay by choosing to drink alcohol. At least I remember what I did the night before.
Quote by TBC Guitarist
I'm Straight Edge, but I definitely dont flaunt it like the guy above me said some people do. I dont tell people until they offer me alcohol or drugs. I also refrain from promiscuous sex.

And for Christ's sake, whats with all the people calling Straight Edge gay? Its a very idiotic thing to say. I could just as easily say your gay by choosing to drink alcohol. At least I remember what I did the night before.

Yea man. You don't need to make a thread telling the whole world 'I'm straight edge'. It makes Straight edge overrated, and something cool to be part of.
R.A.G.E.
lol I dont know if I like to call myself "straight edge". I dont know why, it just sounds wrong.
I dont drink, and I dont smoke/do drugs.

But I do it because I like it like that. I like to keep my head clear.
books have knowledge, knowledge is power, power corrupts, corruption is a crime, and crime doesn't pay..so if you keep reading, you'll go broke.

UG Profile
Yeh...I drink and smoke pot. It's AWESOME. I'm going to die anyway, so are you, do I care if you live until 80 and I only live until 70? Nope.
"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, your eyes will get sore after a while."
Quote by faqu

But I do it because I like it like that. I like to keep my head clear.

Same.

I don't really drink/do drugs but I don't like group mentality, so I sort of stay away from the whole Straight Edge label. I do what I want to, and if that entails on some night having a glass of wine then I don't want 50 others patronising me cause I'm not "staying true".
Well...I never drink with the intention of getting drunk. I don't do drugs or smoke.

I don't see the point getting wasted or high for the sake of it, but I don't ever see myself becomming straight edge.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by faqu

haha! "straight edge means i'm better than YOU!!!"

i was edge for a couple years, no drink, no drugs. it was interesting and i felt good. i got bored though, i enjoy a drink every now and again
I don't drink, i don't do drugs.... And i prefer vegetarian food (though i'm not a vegetarian)...
I love Minor Threat and i'm in a hardcore band...
Guess that makes me straight edge!
But i don't call myself that or have crosses on the back of my hand!!

(I) Don't smoke
Don't drink
Don't ****
At least I can ****ing think

I can't keep up,
Can't keep up
Can't keep up
Out of step with the world

Cashing in.

Minor Threat FTW!!!
Quote by radio_schizo

Doing things in moderation is the definition of straight edge, actually. So long as you don't let it become a huge part of your life.

People really need to understand Minor Threat before they start going on about what Straight Edge means..
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I pretty sure at least half the people claiming to be straight edge arent actally straight edge, they just read a quick definition on wikipedia. Just because you don't smoke or drink doesn't make you sXe, there's more to it than that...

I'm sXe btw but I don't put crosses on my hand, well maybe the odd time if I'm going to a hardcore show, and I don't force my veiws on others... and because people have mentioed it for some reason, I'm not vegetarian.
I love it when 14 year old kids pretend to be straight edge and act as if they know it all.
Me-'So you like Minor Threat then?'
Pre-pubescent poser-'Who?'
Im not straight edge but I dont drink to the point of not knowing what Im doing, turns out there is a middle point.
The obligatory gear list: Gibson SG standard,Maverick F-1,Epiphone Sheraton,'68 reissuse Jap Strat, Orange Rocker 30 and various pedals.
Electro Harmonix Users Guild #30
straight edge is teh lulz.

in theory it lasts forever, in practice it ends at 18-21.
something called "college" and "an open mind" develops somewhere in your life.
Straight-edge is stupid, just because you don't drink, smoke or eat meat doesn't mean you have to start your own ****ty 'fad'
Page 1 of 3