heyy, i've been looking at reviews for the toneport and it seems pretty good. just wondering if you guys have any good\bad experience with it and if there are any other recording packages i should look at. thanks

edit: oh btw if anyone has any myspace,etc recordings using the toneport then feel free to post some.
Last edited by Xeus at Sep 13, 2007,
It's great for the money, and the software it comes with (both Gearbox for amp and effect modelling and also the Ableton Live recording software) is good stuff too.
Yeah they're pretty good value. The gearbox software is alright for recording just demo-quality stuff and learning your way around how to work everything.

The Ableton I find is really easy to use once you get the hang of it. BUT you only get like a demo version, it only gives you 4 tracks and the MIDI stuff it has is pretty complicated to used and crappy sounding. It's really expensive to upgrade to the full version of Ableton.

The actual toneport thing is good but if you plan on recording vocals or recording your actual sound with a mic then make sure you get the UX2 because it has the phantom power that you need to power a condensor microphone. The UX1 doesn't have that.

All the music on my myspace is recorded with the toneport and gearbox software if you want some examples of how it sounds. Link in my sig.
I have a UX2; it's pretty decent.

I wasn't a big fan of the Ableton software, so I ended up buying Sonar Home Studio.

Th e Gearbox software takes some tweaking in order to get some halfway decent tone, but the ease of use makes up for any shortcomings.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Yeah they're pretty good value. The gearbox software is alright for recording just demo-quality stuff and learning your way around how to work everything.

The Ableton I find is really easy to use once you get the hang of it. BUT you only get like a demo version, it only gives you 4 tracks and the MIDI stuff it has is pretty complicated to used and crappy sounding. It's really expensive to upgrade to the full version of Ableton.

The actual toneport thing is good but if you plan on recording vocals or recording your actual sound with a mic then make sure you get the UX2 because it has the phantom power that you need to power a condensor microphone. The UX1 doesn't have that.

All the music on my myspace is recorded with the toneport and gearbox software if you want some examples of how it sounds. Link in my sig.

yea just listened to the stuff on there. it sounds pretty awesome for just home recording, obviously its not like a proper studio but its making the toneport look very appealing
Ux2 is really good. I have the gear box software and I use guitar rig 2 with it also. GR2 gives a better, more professional sound to recordings I think, as opposed to the gearbox. Personal preference more than anything. but gear box is still really good.

I use it all in conjunction with Adobe Audition 2.0