Poll: Best Effects Processor
Poll Options
View poll results: Best Effects Processor
Eventide Eclipse
1 50%
G-Force
1 50%
Voters: 2.
I am looking to drop about 2K on a good multi-effects processor. Opinions on either of these?
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
^ Maybe the guy does session jobs?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Because of the quality, number of effects, and all the additonal things you can do with it that you can't with stompboxes. I am not looking to get stomboxes -- just people's opinions betwen the two multiFX.
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
Unless you are doing some insane pitch shifting work, both are overkill. If pitch shifting really isn't required, I'd go for something like the G-System. It's an all-in-one with a MIDI pedalboard that acts as the system interface for editing parameters. If I had to spend money and just wanted fancy toys, I'd go with the G-Major (I don't need pitch shifting) and the Fireworx unit as it has some really nice guitar friendly effects in it.
yeah i have many good things about the G system. only problem is that the guys i've seen using it prefer external drive units and only use the G system's modulations etc.
The G-System, G-Force and G-Major do not have any drive effects built into them. The G-System makes it easier to add them because of the loop system the unit has. The only unit that TC Electronic makes that has built-in drive/distortion is the Fireworx (as far as I've seen...there may be others to include some kind of drive effect, but I haven't seen them).
I found the G-Force much easier to work with than the Eclipse. I was able to get what I needed out of the unit with less headache.

The lack of drive effects was never really a concern as the people who typically drop $1500+ on effects processors usually have a "more than capable" amp for such things. The Fireworx is at it's best for recording straight to a computer, and the necessity of the computer makes it somewhat impractical for live use, therefore the drive effects are convenient for those who end up DI'ing the guitar and eliminating the amp from the equation altogether.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM