Page 1 of 5
One of my friends let me borrow the Zakk Wylde DVD and I was watching it... and he kept saying "**** Limp Bizkit"... which I sort of was annoying, not that I really care for Limp Bizkit, but still, a show where you constantly curse another band for no reason, sort of annoying, but whatever.....

Then he starts this whole rant about Iraq, saying "This goes out to the troops, get those mother****ers for what they did to this country".... Okay.... then he comes out with "**** Iraq".... Yeah, I just lost all respect for this person as a person. I never liked his music, but his skill is respectable on guitar.... still.. thought I'd share his ignorance with you guys.... see what you guys think.
To be honest, just listening to him rant about most things gives this impression.
Its not stupidity, its opinion. He probobly thinks your stupid too.
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
Quote by Penguinarmy
Its not stupidity, its opinion. He probobly thinks your stupid too.

No, seriously. It's stupidity. You can offer your opinion without coming off as a complete asshole. He failed.
He bores me to tears. Got a vid of him and he keeps on saying "Now I'm moving between the 5 blues minor scales" over and over again, when he should be saying Modes instead, and playing something a bit less obvious/boring.

Not a fan, very good guitarist but totally overrated and a hick in my opinion.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
So his tact may be questionable. But he's different and is willing to speak out(even though he probably forgot to think before he said it). I think that's what draws people in. Difference.
Quote by Thud
So his tact may be questionable. But he's different and is willing to speak out. I think that's what draws people in. Difference.

When someone says "**** Iraq" it has nothing to do with tact, its simply pure ignorance.
If he wants to speak out, that's fine (not that it makes him unique, I'm sick of hearing people bitch about Iraq)...but he should really save it for something besides an instructional video, don't you think?
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
He's actually a very down to earth person, if you meet him 1 on 1. He's one of the nicest celebrities and a very, very good guitarist. Not just his metal but at the BLS concert he did about 30 mins of just him and his acoustic. It was great.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to say it, I'm just saying he's ignorant.
Exactly. If John Petrucci (who is apparently a devout catholic) went on saying "Jesus loves you, and I really think you should all become Catholic" on a damn instructional video then everyone will be flaming him and throwing bricks for trying to brainwash ppl.

It's the same thing here with Zakk Wyle. IT has nothing to do with Iraq or the Middle east or war, a kid is sitting on his bed watching you in hopes of learning something on the GUITAR , not to be given a sermon.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by European Son
No, seriously. It's stupidity. You can offer your opinion without coming off as a complete asshole. He failed.

yeah, blaming Iraq for 'what they did' to the US may be an opinion but it is also just incorrect.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Go read the interview from GW this August. Seriously, he comes of as much more of a good guy. Remember that this show was during the period when nu-metal was extremley popular, and "normal" metal was almost looked down at by them. Looking back at it now, sure it was idiotic but still.
Quote by Dimebag22
He's actually a very down to earth person, if you meet him 1 on 1. He's one of the nicest celebrities and a very, very good guitarist. Not just his metal but at the BLS concert he did about 30 mins of just him and his acoustic. It was great.

I'm sure he's genuine, but apparently also completely uninformed and ignorant about anything outside the US borders

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I don't even care if what he is saying is ignorant, when zakk wylde rants it is one of the top 3 most amusing things i can think of
Gear:

ESP EX-102
Marshall AVT150 Half-Stack
hes kind of a typical patriotic redneck....when he played his national anthemand drinking a beer...that made me laugh...
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
To say f*ck a whole country for doing nothing.... yeah.. and on top of that blaiming them for doing anything to us when they didn't.. that's ignorance to me.

Either way, I have no problem with it, I have just lost all respect for the guy. Besides all that, constanltly saying f*ck Limp Bizkit.... that's also pretty annoying after a while.

Fine, he may not like Nu-Metal, but a lot of people do and some people like Limp Bizkit... why talk bad on a person for liking what a person likes and band minding their own business and making their own money? Just doesn't make sense to me...

I like metal, not a lot of people around me like it, but I don't care, I just like it for myself, for me to enjoy and they can like whatever they want.
well, if Eminem doesn't like Limp Bizkit, then i don't like Limp Bizkit. And if Zakk Wylde doesn't like Limp Bizkit, that means he rolls with me
Quote by Emenius Sleepus
I'm sure he's genuine, but apparently also completely uninformed and ignorant about anything outside the US borders

You just summed up about 50 % of Americans I've encountered. Sorry to say it, but he's generally more of a down to earth guy than most American celebrities anyways.

Quote by benjaminr
I don't even care if what he is saying is ignorant, when zakk wylde rants it is one of the top 3 most amusing things i can think of

I know

**** Lim Bizkit, I mean **** those little pussy bitches *Pinch harmonic* They aren't ****ing **** *Pinch harmonic*

But seriously, he is a very funny person, I'd recommend to read the GW interview.
Never liked him anyway, he's a complete moron.

And I'd rather listen to Limp Bizkit than Black Label Society. Limp Bizkit at least made people laugh.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

There's no use in sassing a band nobody likes.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Umm..

I'm pretty sure Zakk knows that anyone who is listening to his music agrees with him about Limp Bizkit. I see nothing wrong with what he said about them. If I had an instructional video, I'd make fun of everyone.

As for what he said about Iraq..

You know.. You don't have to watch the DVD..

That's like going to a KKK rally and getting pissed off because they're saying the N word.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Umm..

I'm pretty sure Zakk knows that anyone who is listening to his music agrees with him about Limp Bizkit. I see nothing wrong with what he said about them. If I had an instructional video, I'd make fun of everyone.

As for what he said about Iraq..

You know.. You don't have to watch the DVD..

That's like going to a KKK rally and getting pissed off because they're saying the N word.

Or maybe it's more like buying an instructional DVD and getting a bigoted sermon If he wants to talk crap, fine, but on an instructional DVD?

Actually, I don't care.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by European Son

First, he was probably drunk. Second, that means he came off as an asshole. Where does that make him stupid? It's his opinion and he has a major ego problem- not to mention drinking problem.
i*[∂/∂t]*Ψt = -[∇^2]/2*(Ψt) (unitless form)

Almost as convenient as Wikipedia, but infinitely more hipster, Dover.
Quote by Hobolad
Or maybe it's more like buying an instructional DVD and getting a bigoted sermon If he wants to talk crap, fine, but on an instructional DVD?

Actually, I don't care.

It's Zakk Wylde. I wouldn't buy a Zakk Wylde dvd simply because I know how the man acts.

Secondly, I wouldn't hear you complaining if you got the new John 5 dvd, where he's got naked women randomly.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

It's Zakk Wylde. I wouldn't buy a Zakk Wylde dvd simply because I know how the man acts.

Secondly, I wouldn't hear you complaining if you got the new John 5 dvd, where he's got naked women randomly.

I'm not even sure who John 5 is If I want naked women I'd go for different DVDs.

And I was just looking for an argument, any argument. That's what the internet's for
Quote by aaron13
Quote by Hobolad
I'm not even sure who John 5 is If I want naked women I'd go for different DVDs.

And I was just looking for an argument, any argument. That's what the internet's for

John 5 is a guitar player. He's got a new instructional DVD in which he has naked women randomly because he wants to give the guitarist something different, so it's not just so and so amount of guitar playing without a mental break.

All I'm saying is, the TS is just pissed off because Zakk said something that he doesn't agree with, it has nothing to do with the fact that he went to learn about guitars and a few seconds out of the thing, something else was brought up.

And I'm also saying, it's Zakk Wylde. You'd have to be a moron to not expect something like that. I know, let's all complain because he took a few minutes out of a concert to drink a beer, too.. Because that's wrong. I paid to see him play, not drink.. And who ever heard of Zakk drinking on stage?
Quote by vintage x metal

John 5 is a guitar player. He's got a new instructional DVD in which he has naked women randomly because he wants to give the guitarist something different, so it's not just so and so amount of guitar playing without a mental break.

All I'm saying is, the TS is just pissed off because Zakk said something that he doesn't agree with, it has nothing to do with the fact that he went to learn about guitars and a few seconds out of the thing, something else was brought up.

And I'm also saying, it's Zakk Wylde. You'd have to be a moron to not expect something like that. I know, let's all complain because he took a few minutes out of a concert to drink a beer, too.. Because that's wrong. I paid to see him play, not drink.. And who ever heard of Zakk drinking on stage?

Yeah, I guess you're right. I probably shouldn't have tried to argue without ever having seen the DVD
Quote by aaron13
So where can you get this John 5 instructional DVD?
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Quote by Hobolad
Yeah, I guess you're right. I probably shouldn't have tried to argue without ever having seen the DVD

Nah, it's possible. I'm doing it. I've never seen it. I'm just saying, it's a stupid thing to bitch about it.

And the John 5 dvd isn't out yet. But it's going to be rated R.
Quote by vintage x metal

Maybe someone took his beer away.

I can't really stand his music now after 2 tracks. I'm sure alot of people talk rubbish on stage especially a person of his type who has to keep his image because people see him as a really strong, heavy guitarist.
Last edited by ctb at Sep 13, 2007,
Quote by ctb
Maybe someone took his beer away.

I can't really stand his music now after 2 tracks. I'm sure alot of people talk rubbish on stage especially a person of his type who has to keep his image because people see him as a really strong, heavy guitarist.

It was probably one of them farners.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
It was probably one of them farners.

It all makes sense now .

Quote by hethamulburton
It all makes sense now .

That's how my mom says it. That woman is so blatantly racist for a woman who ****s a Mexican man on a regular basis.. I don't think she knows Sanchez is a non-white name..

She's always going on about Farners. It cracks me up.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
That's how my mom says it. That woman is so blatantly racist for a woman who ****s a Mexican man on a regular basis.. I don't think she knows Sanchez is a non-white name..

She's always going on about Farners. It cracks me up.

I'm speechless.

Quote by hethamulburton
I'm speechless.

As for Zakk.. You'd think he'd want to distance himself from that kind of attitude. Wasn't the dude who killed Dime a former marine or some such ****?
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 5