Page 1 of 3
I couldn't help but notice some good musicians that kind of waste their talents by being in the wrong band.. By that I mean, great drummers in a crappy band playing just crappy beats, great guitarists in bad bands etc..

Have you noticed any musicians like that ?

I have but I won't tell about who I think cause I'll get flamed and I'm just starting to get liked around here..
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Hellhammer in Dimmu Borgir

he owns there but Dimmu Borgir as a whole is crap imo
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

wes borlean with limp bizkit, john 5 with marilyn manson thats all i got
Have:
Dean DOF w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rodded Pickup Set
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb 50w Head
Randall KH-120 Cabinet

Want:
Marshall 1960a Cabinet
umm i think robert trujillo has no buisness being in metallica in my opinion

i just find his style to be not metallica.. if that makes sence
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Yeah, Rob in Metallica for sure. Uhm... That guy who plays drums for Slayer... in Slayer?

BTW: I've always found you slightly intimidating, Necrolust Until lately, of course. Profiles take alot of that ominous feel away from some people. But anyway, I've always respected you as a guy who'se been here longer than me.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I can think of quite a few nu-metal musicians...

And Empu Vourinen, or however you spell his name, from Nightwish. Such an awesome guitarist that gets so little space to do something other than chords... On the other side, their drummer is one of the worst drummers I have ever heard.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by Kepulix
Dimmu Borgir as a whole is crap imo

You went to far.. It's one thing when you say you don't like them but to call them crap is outrageous.. They got to where they are by being good musicians..
Vinne Paul in Hellyeah (if they are allowed in this forum)

I can't really think of any others that are metal.
Quote by Necrolust
You went to far.. It's one thing when you say you don't like them but to call them crap is outrageous.. They got to where they are by being good musicians..

And writing killer songs, like "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse"

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Travis barker in +44
and Atom in AVA

cant stand them...
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
i dunno about dave lombardo because slayer does let him show his drumming abilities

and vinnie paul in hellyeah (having met them TWICE.. but i dont like to brag) i actualy like that band, i dont know about vinnie being able to showcase his abilities in hellyeah, but its better hes in A band than in NO band

yes i did meet hellyeah and vinnie paul twice.. vinnie spilled his beer on my poster

it was a proud day for me
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
i dunno about dave lombardo because slayer does let him show his drumming abilities

and vinnie paul in hellyeah (having met them TWICE.. but i dont like to brag) i actualy like that band, i dont know about vinnie being able to showcase his abilities in hellyeah, but its better hes in A band than in NO band

yes i did meet hellyeah and vinnie paul twice.. vinnie spilled his beer on my poster

it was a proud day for me

Ahh, I missed that little detail about the musicians supressing thier talents for the crappy band xD My bad.

*thinks really hard* OH! By the way, Vinnie Paul can spill his beer on my posters any day

Stupid name.

Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
i dont know about vinnie being able to showcase his abilities in hellyeah, but its better hes in A band than in NO band

I agree there for sure, good to see he's doin something.

Uhhh, Malefic haha, he has potential to make great songs...but he always ends up screwing them up. So maybe if he made another band...actually, I really doubt it would change ****, so nevermind
Quote by Necrolust

Well sorry, but I just don't like Dimmu Borgir... at all
and it's just my opinion so no reason to get angry

Quote by Kepulix

I didn't get angry lmao.... I answered politely

Yeah, I didn't like them either but then I listened to some of their stuff and now they're like one of my favorite bands, after Savatage of course...
Quote by Kepulix

He wasnt angry he just said to call a band that has talent crap because you dont like them isnt right. I think people get too hooked in the fact that Dimmu is mainstream to realize that theyre very talented.

Like personally....I think Eruption by EVH is a piece of ****...but i cannot deny that EVH is AMAZING and what he did for metal is essential to it. So I respect him as much as I find that song to be lame.

Back to the topic, I believe that Ron Thal shouldnt be in GnR
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by Kepulix

Basically, where Necro was coming from is: Never EVER say a good band sucks if you simply don't like thier music. My friend Gabe does that constantly and it pisses me off.

EDIT: Added "good" into my post because some bands do just plain suck xD But not Dimmu Borgir, though

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Sep 13, 2007,
I never said they're not talented?

but yeah whatever, I don't want to argue with this stuff, I'm feeling bad enough already

Quote by Shinozoku
Basically, where Necro was coming from is: Never EVER say a good band sucks if you simply don't like thier music. My friend Gabe does that constantly and it pisses me off.

EDIT: Added "good" into my post because some bands do just plain suck xD But not Dimmu Borgir, though

Well, just because a band has musical talent in a way doesn't mean you can't dislike their music, and share your opinion that you dislike their music....a band shouldn't have to be full of a bunch of asshats for people to say they suck

That being said, I absolutely love Dimmu Borgir, new and old, typically like most people I like the older stuff better, it just seemed more well thought out. Some new Dimmu gets alittle simplistic, but it's still awesome.
Quote by Necrolust

I love Borgir, but them being where they are doesn't automatically make them good *cough Greenday cough* although borgir are talented
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Hetfield in Metallica. Rhythms like that deserve tighter drumming and crazier solos.
I think this thread is kinda silly. As musicians mature both in skill and taste, they sometimes become attracted to a simple style of playing, rather than becoming more grandiose. In many cases it's not the band that is holding the musician back, but rather he or she has made a choice to play that style.

But that is just my two cents.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
Quote by Shinozoku

uh 'a good band' is probably decided by the person that talks about it, not by the whole other bunch of bastards as a whole, they might think they're a good band, and be talked about well while another person might and think they suck, in the end its the individual that decides for themselves whetehr its a good band or not, in that case the kid thought they were crap and sucked, un good, how about just admitting they can play their instruments well but saying he thinks they suck anyway, recognizes their playing ability as 'talented' musicians and gives his opinion -> suck -> non-good,
Quote by im_hungry
Vinne Paul in Hellyeah (if they are allowed in this forum)

I can't really think of any others that are metal.

Oh god don't get me started.

I lost respect for Vinnie Paul and all of Pantera when I heard their CD .

Corey Baeulieu in Trivium is an amazing guitarist, but Trivium need a real goddamn singer.

On a similar note, Dream Theater needs a new singer, quickly. I hope they collaborate with Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth.
Dickless.
Quote by Necrolust
Fuck yeah. Listen to this guy.
Chuck was too good for Death, but Chuck was too good for everything.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Alex Webster form Cannibal Corpse is an amazing bassist, but I can't STAND their music.
Gear:

Ibenez RG5EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt combo amp
Ibanez Xiphos (Soon I'll have it )

I don't give a if you HATE ME!-Bodom

The guitarist of Children Of Bodom...I hate CoB and black/death metal and that kinda stuff,I think he should be on a better band that CoB for example,the voice of the vocalist seems like a dying pig or baby!
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Quote by MetalMessiah665
I love Borgir, but them being where they are doesn't automatically make them good *cough Greenday cough* although borgir are talented

lol I was thinking the same. I love Dimmu, however.

And, while I'm on that subject, I know I'm gonna get slaughtered here, but... Hellhammer in Mayhem. I LOVE black metal, but to be honest, Mayhem have never really interested me that much.
Quote by MegaShreeder
The guitarist of Children Of Bodom...I hate CoB and black/death metal and that kinda stuff,I think he should be on a better band that CoB for example,the voice of the vocalist seems like a dying pig or baby!

Alexi Laiho does is the Vocalist and the Lead Guitarist
Quote by theLowEnd
Alexi Laiho does is the Vocalist and the Lead Guitarist

God damnit!!Then cut his ****in voice box!! Let him stick with the guitar!!He's a no-no on vocals
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
This is a dumb thread. If someone wants to play a simpler style of music than they are cabable they shouldn't be critized. (I play simple punk, classic rock stuff live all the time but i'm cabable of so much more)
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
Last edited by Honkers at Sep 13, 2007,
Quote by Instrumetal
Chuck was too good for Death, but Chuck was too good for everything.

Huh? Look at all the musicians he worked with from Spiritual Healing on. Each line up was amazing and put out great music.
Quote by Honkers
This is a dumb thread. If someone wants to play a simpler style of music than they are cabable they shouldn't be critized. (I play simple punk, classic rock stuff live all the time but i'm cabable of so much more)

The worth of a man isn't measured by what he hides.

Until said musicians prove otherwise, they are as good as what they do.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
lol @ necro having people defend himself for him

rofl rofl eat teh waffle?
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by Necrolust

Well, they are crap. Sorry, but being a good musician doesn't warrant any kind of respect from nobody, and I'm sure as hell not gonna applaud a band who writes music that has no appeal whatsoever to me, and they're skills on their respective instruments might as well be inhuman.
Quote by dead-fish
Well, they are crap. Sorry, but being a good musician doesn't warrant any kind of respect from nobody, and I'm sure as hell not gonna applaud a band who writes music that has no appeal whatsoever to me, and they're skills on their respective instruments might as well be inhuman.

Gear:

Ibenez RG5EX1
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt combo amp
Ibanez Xiphos (Soon I'll have it )

I don't give a if you HATE ME!-Bodom

Quote by dead-fish

Why inhuman?
Quote by MegaShreeder

the guitarist is the vocalist unless youre talking about roope but even then theyre both equal guitarists in my eyes and COB is an amazing band, therefore i dont understand where youre coming from. this thread is for people that shouldnt be in bands because theyre holding them back or are simply the wrong genre. but alexi is melodeath all over and its a genre where he shines.
Page 1 of 3