I'm really looking into getting either a Strat or Ibanez. As most people label the Strat the most versatile guitar. How is necks on the strat, any model. As i play a lot of Iron Maiden music, and classic metal and rock. would a Strat meet these needs, cause a lot of people use Strats for metal and it sounds just awesome. But i just wanted a good opinion from the start owners themselves and yeah i'm going to try them out of course
LOL
I think my Rg350Ex is a lot more versatile than any Strat, the neck is butter smooth and it has 24 frets, strats only have 21.
I use the single-coil in the center with the bridge humbucker for maiden stuff and it sounds great.

Ultimately you really should try both.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
metal guitarists such as Iron Maiden who use strats usually mod them a bit. Im guessing strat necks should be fine for metal, although i reckon you should swap the p'ups with something a little more high gain
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
I think my Rg350Ex is a lot more versatile than any Strat, the neck is butter smooth and it has 24 frets, strats only have 21.
I use the single-coil in the center with the bridge humbucker for maiden stuff and it sounds great.

Ultimately you really should try both.

Mosts strats have 22 frets (My have), there are a few with 21 though, but not ALL.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
hmmm strat has no humbucker... i gues you'd need one if you play metal
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
i was thinking of putting hot rails if i ever got a strat. As for the ibanez, yeah ive heard that the necks on those guitars are smooth as a chimp. yeah its 22, i dont think he counted the last one, as it does look like 21 but really 22 frets
LOL
Fat strats have humbuckers.

Some strats have 21 frets and some have 22. Same with Telecasters.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
American Strats have 22 frets, Mexican Strats have 21. Almost no one uses Strats for metal without some modification. And you can do a lot better than Hot Rails.

As far as necks, Strat necks have all different profiles, depending on the model. Hence the U, C, V, D designations.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Sep 13, 2007,
Strats are my favorite guitars, well, Fenders in general, most specifically for their necks. Strats have a very playable neck. I don't do metal, but I think Iron Maiden uses strats, or so I've gathered for being here a while.

Anyway, deffinately my pick over an Ibanez.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
What pups will be suited for metal in strats(Metallica,Nile,Necrophagist)?I prefer SSS,HSS kinda looks ugly to me.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I would say the strat is more versatile that the ibanez, yeh the ibanez can do Metalz, but IMO aint too great at mcuh else, its cleans and lighter OD is somewhat lacking, whereas the strat has everything up to medium OD covered in piss (easy), and with a PUP change can easily cover classic metal.
I hate Ibanez necks with a passion, and agree with everything ^ he said.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
For metal an HSS Strat with an Original Floyd (if you are up to the hassle.) I think U shaped necks tend to be better for bending and shredding. The Ibanez necks tend to be thinner width and sometimes thinner overall but it depends on the model. For some music I like them better. Both are comfortable necks. I would think you need at least one humbucker. HSH would be ok but for some sounds you will miss the single coil at the neck. Just opinions. I am not an authority on metal.