Hey everyone. I'm Branden, but I'm called yomamathecableguy over the internet. I'm starting a new band, but I'm not sure about a lot of stuff. All I know so far is that we've got a good guitarist(me), bassist, trumpeter, and drummer. Any suggestions on how to get started, what we should call ourselves, etc??
names not important yet just start writing stuff and playing together to get into it
see if you liek the set up before you do anything major
there's a band name thread at the top of the page...

(btw, if you switch the a and the e in your name, it becomes my name amazing!!)
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1
tbsff - thanx. people get messed up with my name alot. they usually spell it brandOn. my mom wanted me to be unique or something, so she spelled it with an e. lol.

thvs - alright. i'm havin my b-day party next weekend (my bday is today) so we will be able to jam then.

if we make any good music, i'll be sure to let you guys know.
Well, given you have a trumpet player, I would try play things that would be easy for him to play. Not because the trumpet is an extremely difficult instrument to play, but because if you can give your trumpet player an easy progression to play over, he(she) will be able to improvise at a higher level. Which I think would sound better than having a typical guitar lead etc.
As the angel kisses me once again
You scream poison as you glare
Your bow and arrow by your side
As if you cared

It's a mour......astral congregation
hey

have you thought about what style of music you are going to play because not many bands mix trumpets and guitars nd gt something really good out of it unless they r playing jazz or something like that so it will be really interestin to c what kind of sound u fianllay gt.

i would suggest u just jam with the others and what happens thats always a good starting point.
Just jam and see what comes out.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
write some songs the name aint that important
tombst0ne designs
Digital art ,CD covers,posters,anything let me now
my gallery
Quote by yomamacableguy

thvs - alright. i'm havin my b-day party next weekend (my bday is today) so we will be able to jam then.

im getting creeped out....

our names are almost the same,

and your bday was the 14th, mine was the 15th

gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1