I just purchased a PRS Soapbar SE II and an Epi Valve Junior, what does everyone reckon to that combo? It came to £360 which I think is a bargain and I can't wait to get it also this is my first new electric guitar as atm I play a tired 8yr old Epi LP100 which will be getting modded in the future
Good one right there.

A good budget-friendly setup with good tonal possibilities.

All you need now is an OD stompbox and an EQ pedal.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
No experience with the VJ but good choice on the PRS SE. They're really great guitars for the price.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Cool thanks for the quick replies, I had been considering a Boss ME50 (a friend has one and i really like it) or do you reckon i'd be better off with just the OD Stomp and the EQ pedal?
NO! not the me-50. get a maxon tubescreamer, or if you adventurous build your own (loads of fun!!) as for the eq, stay away from boss. try the mxr
Go with the OD and EQ pedal. The ME50 has tons of different effects, but it's just a cheap digital processor. Individual pedals sound a lot better and are much more versatile than those digital processors.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Oh ok, i'll give the ME50 a miss then, thanks for the advice guys!
Kit:

Tanglewood TW28STR
PRS Soapbar SE II
Epiphone LP100

Roland Cube 30x (New!)