I had my Fender Princeton going the other day at about half volume. After a few minutes, there was a bright flash from within the amp and then it completely died. Could it be something as simple as a fuse? Or is the amp totally f*cked?

Before you say "take it to the shop" you gotta understand that I'm broke as hell. So I'm hoping to resolve it myself.

Any ideas?
Have you taken the fuse out and examined it?
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
your flux capacitor probably exploded...

is it still under warranty ? you could take it to a shop then...
with a SS it's hard to tell what is wrong with it...
Thanks for the replies. I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight I'm gonna open it up and look at the fuse.

Do you think I'll be able to buy the fuse at a regular hardware store, like Lowe's or something? Or is it a special type? Probably a dumb question, but I'm clueless with stuff like this
check your fuse before you go to a guitar shop, its not worth letting a tech do it.
The fuse is usually well marked, and accessible without having to open the amp up, at least with the amps that I have. On the amps I have, they're on the back panel.

You usually have to just unscrew the fuse casing, then remove/replace the fuse, then screw back on.

I don't have personal experience with that amp, but it's a pretty standard process I would think.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."