Recently i managed to narrow down my university choices to 2 universities/courses. Computer Science at Cardiff University or game development at Bristol University. The problem I am having is choosing between the two.

If i stay in cardiff i could save a LOT of money, and still be around most of my freinds here. however ill probably still be living at home and it might not be as rewarding an experience in the long run.

If i go to bristol ill be going to a far better university, and would be living in student accommodation, and probably would have a lot of money troubles.

Basically is there anyone on here whos been in a similar situation or has been to one of these universities?

any advice?
I've been in that situation, but at different universities.

I chose to go study away, and suffer financial problems.

Basically I have no regrets about that decision.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Go for whatever will be most rewarding. Debt is bad, but the feeling of failure at life is somewhat worse.
Go to Bristol.

It's definitely worth broadening the horizons and moving away. That's the whole point of Uni, it's a step up into the real world. Stay at home and your social life will suffer.

You can always find a job, and if not, sell your body on the street... we'll get that PS3 money somehow.

I'm joking of course.

Bristol is MUCH more prestigious, my advice is to go for it.

Remember, it's the fun and the qualification, being loaded isn't everything.

You can also live food wise for about a pound a day if you really know your stuff.
My family friend teaches at Bristol, I visited once, it's very good
ohai little sig.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Go to Bristol.

It's definitely worth broadening the horizons and moving away. That's the whole point of Uni, it's a step up into the real world. Stay at home and your social life will suffer.

You can always find a job, and if not, sell your body on the street... we'll get that PS3 money somehow.

I'm joking of course.

Bristol is MUCH more prestigious, my advice is to go for it.

Remember, it's the fun and the qualification, being loaded isn't everything.

the problem i have is that i have social skills in negative quantites, thats the main reason im worried about going to bristol
Go with your gut instinct. Out of the two, there's obviously one that you feel will you suit you a bit more than the other. That's how it worked for me.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Get a student loan and go to Bristol.

That way you'll live near Mistress_Ibanez.

Think of the benefits
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

dont stay at home for uni. srsly, just dont. get as far away from home as you can.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Quote by Gurgle!Argh!
dont stay at home for uni. srsly, just dont. get as far away from home as you can.

But i like home, i have free internet and my guitars have wall hangers. and i can play extremely load and noone will care...

I suppose the deciding factors are what student accommodation is like and whether or not its easy to make freinds there :S