Hi guys, me and some guys from school are all planning on going away at the end of Year 11, we'll all be 16 so we're old enough to fly alone. Although, we were curious on if there was any age restrictions on staying in Hotels alone?

Thanks a lot
I think it's stat law here in the US so it may be different where you live, but I'm pretty sure most hotels won't let you stay unless you are 21. If you stay at the really trashy ones they will usually let you in though.
Oh well we were planning on going to maybe Portugal or a Greek Island or something, not America
Quote by denizenz
Yea, I'd assume you're good then.

Yeah I hope so... I mean if the legal age to fly is 16, then surely Hotels will let 16 year olds in... hope so anyways :P
In the US, for this kinda stuff, if you're not 18, then it's usually "gtfo."
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
ur be ok just make sure that you pay with cash and not try to use one of your parents credit cards..
you can get a hotel in the states as long as you have a credit card. Me and my girl friend stayed at a hotel last year or my birthday, and we were 18
Well, I assume you'll be booking beforehand, so if there was going to be a problem it would come up before you got there. Loads of teens go on boozing holidays and such so you'll be fine I reckon.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by big duck
Well, I assume you'll be booking beforehand, so if there was going to be a problem it would come up before you got there. Loads of teens go on boozing holidays and such so you'll be fine I reckon.

+1
Quote by Jackolas
You might accidently get UREH'd, apart from that, have fun!

what was the point of that "ureh" thing?? that was a long time ago...

anyway, if you're off to europe, like portugal, or greece, you should be fine. i know for sure you can check into any hotel in turkey or prague if you're 16.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
you should be fine, I mean it would be a bit islly to be able to fly on your own at 16 but not stay anywhere, but just to be safe make sure to check it out with the hotels before you get there/book
It depends on the hotel.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Ok, thanks guys - just wanted to make sure there wasn't a law or anything... :P

And another thing, do you think 16 is too young to be going away alone? Out drinking and such.... I mean my parents are fine with it, but my brothers still think I should wait a couple of years. I think I'm old enough, but I think it will be even better in a couple of years time - still think I'm fine going though.
Portugal's drinking age is 16 so you'll be fine.

It's probably not a good idea though, as holidays abroad can lead to alcohol abuse and you're a bit too young to be doing that daily.

Also, if you're mentally ill you can't purchase alcohol in Portugal. Who knew?

Also, drinking lots of alcohol and having 'drunk stories' to report back to your friends at home has a tendency to turn people into tossers for a good long while. Drink at your own risk.

EDIT - Lol at the legal drinking age in Ethiopia being 33. What an odd number.

And equivalent in life expectancy to being a pensioner
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Im portuguese, and you dont need to be 18 to check in hotels here.
and yeah, you can enter in most clubs and drink all the alcohol + absint you want.
but if you are mentally ill ...your *****d .
i assume you arent...
AbsentMind
Quote by dgme92
what was the point of that "ureh" thing?? that was a long time ago...

anyway, if you're off to europe, like portugal, or greece, you should be fine. i know for sure you can check into any hotel in turkey or prague if you're 16.

I think the point is that you might suffer a low attack from some sort of barbarian if you go off on a foreign trip while very young.
A lot of those Iberian tribesmen are just un-Roman savages. Can't speak a word of Latin, and wouldn't know a good garum if you tied it to a pilum and threw it through their chests.
Quote by Climate
Hi guys, me and some guys from school are all planning on going away at the end of Year 11, we'll all be 16 so we're old enough to fly alone. Although, we were curious on if there was any age restrictions on staying in Hotels alone?

Thanks a lot

look all this up before going.
Call around to motels or hotels which are around the area you will be staying in and see what they have set for age restrictions.

its also a good way to find the rate per night.

always plan ahead before trips and everything should go much more smoothly.
Quote by MightyAl
I think the point is that you might suffer a low attack from some sort of barbarian if you go off on a foreign trip while very young.
A lot of those Iberian tribesmen are just un-Roman savages. Can't speak a word of Latin, and wouldn't know a good garum if you tied it to a pilum and threw it through their chests.

Win, pure win. Right there.
My opinion is at sixteen it's not such a great idea to be in a foreign country getting hammered. You don't know the area, you don't know the locals and you're still young. But it's your call.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Well I mean there's gonna be like 15 of us going, so I don't think it's a bad idea - we're responsible for our age aswell.

Anyways, thanks for the information guys!
Quote by himynameisMike
^Wonder what happened...

kinky buttsekks
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
I'd make sure to check out with the hotel first.

A few of my friends went to Italy this summer on their own, they're all 16. Despite the drinking age being 16 in Italy, the hotel refused to let them check in because they were under 18. They had to phone home and get their parents to fax copies of their passports and a letter of consent to the hotel.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK