Yo, I have been researching a while and was wondering if the EH Metal Muff was the best distortion pedal for a guy using a Cube 60 SS amp ?? The MT-2 I have now lacks allot of tone so I'm tempted to sell it and buy a new pedal and an EQ

Any suggestions as to what kind of Distortion pedals to look at??

hardcoredarrell
Last edited by hardcoredarrell at Sep 13, 2007,
Sweet amp!

I've got one. And a Metal Muff. And it kicks donkey.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Quote by (insertnamehere
Sweet amp!

I've got one. And a Metal Muff. And it kicks donkey.

really? I've tried finding videos of people using that set up so I'll know how my amp would sound with that paticular pedal

Is $70 good price to sell my MT-2 on Ebay?? when its like new condition, with box, bag it came in, instructions, and warty mail in paper ?? I plan to buy a good pedal and an EQ, which I already decided on the EQ, but just need help for the Pedal
Quote by hardcoredarrell
Yo, I have been researching a while and was wondering if the EH Metal Muff was the best distortion pedal for a guy using a Cube 60 SS amp ?? The MT-2 I have now lacks allot of tone so I'm tempted to sell it and buy a new pedal and an EQ

Any suggestions as to what kind of Distortion pedals to look at??

hardcoredarrell

A new amp

The MT2 is downright awful, but the usefulness of ANY distorttion pedal is going to be severely hampered by the Cubes modelling nature. On a tube amp you have the option of blending pedal distortion with natural overdrive to give you near-limitless tonal options, on a modeller you're restricted to plugging the pedal into the clean channel
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i have a digitech rp14.
its wonderful. you can create any sound you can imagine. not ONLY distortion, but it does have great crunch and tone.
Quote by steven seagull
A new amp

The MT2 is downright awful, but the usefulness of ANY distorttion pedal is going to be severely hampered by the Cubes modelling nature. On a tube amp you have the option of blending pedal distortion with natural overdrive to give you near-limitless tonal options, on a modeller you're restricted to plugging the pedal into the clean channel

Couldn't I use a distortion pedal and a overdrive pedal? I can get an overdrive type sound with just the nob settings on the amp on clean, I need some good sound but I currently don't know enough guitar to say get a Tube amp, least a good tube amp
so I have to make the best with the equipment I have ,

I do plan on getting the EQ you've suggested a few days ago , but I need to get something like a pedal thats better than the MT-2 so I can get teh free brootalz shipping ,

guess I need to understand what pedals to get to blend together, such as a distortion and overdrive and EQ together perhaps
to be honest a metal muff + EQ should be a pretty powerful combination in terms of tonal versatility.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
to be honest a metal muff + EQ should be a pretty powerful combination in terms of tonal versatility.

I'll probally end up paying $10 for the Metal Muff , as I can sell the MT-2 I got before even researching any pedal as I knew someone who had one I should have done some homework now I have learned my lesson lol, always do your homework for something you'll buy

well thats nice to know thanks again steven seagull (((MT-2 ))))