if i put the bridge pickup(single coils) in the neck pickup section, will it change the tone at all? does the sound change when you put the different pickups in different places? because i was looking at warmoth.com and in the pickup section it labled certain pickups as neck or bridge or middle. so im wondering if switching them would sound a little different. plus i heard in one of SRV's guitars they put the bridge in the neck and thats part of the reason he sounds the way he does.
You get different pickups with different voicings, like a bridge pickup would be brighter and sharper, and a neck pickup would probably be morevoiced mellower and warmer

It's just different applications for what you want

I'm not sure 'bout the SRV thing though
seen it done, it just depends on what you like. I have active EMG and mine were switched for a while, and my guitar was heavy as hell. so it can be done and if you like the sound then great.
like how i turned the neck humbucker upside down on my HH tele, it doesn't make a lot of difference. if you're willing to you could try reverse the pickups without adjusting the wiring and see (be aware that the pickup switch positions will also be reversed unless you flip the switch over too) - that way if you don't like it you could simply change it back without much hassle.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
well i tried it and it does seem to sound a bit different. it seems to sound a little more agressive(bridge in neck slot). which i dont mind i guess.

but later on that night i decided to put them upsidedown. it sounds kinda cool but it doesnt have as much volume. i only tested it with one pickup done that way. but now all three are like that but i havent put the strings on yet. so now i have the bridge and neck switched and they are upsidedown. maybe i can get a more original tone out of this thing.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
well i tried it and it does seem to sound a bit different. it seems to sound a little more agressive(bridge in neck slot). which i dont mind i guess.

but later on that night i decided to put them upsidedown. it sounds kinda cool but it doesnt have as much volume. i only tested it with one pickup done that way. but now all three are like that but i havent put the strings on yet. so now i have the bridge and neck switched and they are upsidedown. maybe i can get a more original tone out of this thing.

Oh my goodness. I think you misunderstood Blompcube. He didn't flip his pickup over so that the backside of the pickup is toward the strings. He spun his HB around so that the pole-pieces with the screws were either closer or farther away from the bridge.

Spinning a SC around does nothing, and spinning a HB around, only make a bit of difference at the bridge.

Flipping a pickup over is not going to be useful at all.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
the tone of the pick up is alter in relation to the position it is in the scale length, so the close it is to the nut the more bass you get. so putting a bridge pick up in the neck position will take away some of the high end. I have a duncan JB in the neck position of my les paul and it sounds beautiful, its a bit brighter than your average neck P/up, it sounds awesomely crisp on a clean setting and kinda sings with gain